Who We Are
ATTN: is an issues-driven media company. Our mission is to deliver engaging content to a mobile-first audience. Every day we produce videos, articles and commentary telling stories worth your attention. At our core, we believe in informing people to make a social impact. Through compelling, issue-driven content, we strive to engender greater participation in communities, the political process and the world around us.
We are looking for a UX Designer to join our Product & Engineering team to enhance how our audience consumes and communicates with ATTN: content. We work closely with company stakeholders, Product Managers, and Engineers to deliver products that enhance the user experience while strengthening our design systems.
Currently a small team, we're looking for generalists to help further define our team culture and contributions. You should be comfortable helping set scope and design spec, wireframing, crafting mocks, and prototyping for our web based products–some of which reach millions of readers while others are only for internal use. Members of this team should be solution oriented, mindful of accessibility concerns, willing to product test, and strong communicators.
This position reports to the Manager of UX Design and is located in Los Angeles, CA.
What You'll Do
- You will need to design and prototype in HTML/CSS.
- You will create reusable patterns that scale across platforms.
- You will contribute to ATTN: Labs projects, which creates custom products and experiences for brand partners.
- You will be responsible for testing designs throughout the design process.
- You will contribute to our user profiling and persona development.
- You will work directly with engineers to ensure design is properly applied to our products.
Who You Are
- You are proficient in Sketch.
- You are experienced with collaborating within Github.
- You can code in HTML and CSS. Experience with a CSS processor (preferably SCSS) is a huge plus.
- You are familiar with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- You think about how your contributions work in a scalable system.
- You have experience with atomic design and/or pattern libraries.
- You can thrive in an environment with short feedback loops.
- You have an interest in shaping design culture at ATTN:.
- You're excited about working at a startup, where process is still being created and shaped on a daily basis.
Please link to a portfolio of online work. Github repos and codepens preferred if available.
Our Commitment to Inclusion & Diversity:
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, ATTN: is committed to building and fostering a workplace of diversity and employee inclusion. ATTN: does not discriminate on the basis of an individual's sex, age, race, color, creed, national origin, alienage, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation or affectional preference, gender identity and expression, disability, genetic trait or predisposition, carrier status, citizenship, veteran or military status and other personal characteristics protected by law. All applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected characteristics.