Who We Are:
ATTN: is a media company that breaks down important societal topics and conversations into digestible, entertaining videos and series across all platforms. We are leaders when it comes to reaching people who want context on the issues and conversations that matter to them.
What You'll Do:
We are seeking a Program Manager to join ATTN:’s Culture Lab division. You’ll report to the Founder and Executive Producer of Culture Lab and will work in partnership to refine and manage BIPOC initiatives that support Culture Lab’s mission of creating content that elevates Black voices and celebrates Black joy.
You’ll strategize and liaison with department leaders across ATTN: such as Production, Sales, Creative, Social Media, and Audience to ensure that Culture Lab processes and best practices are embedded throughout the organization. You’ll establish success metrics with executive leaders and ensure those metrics are shared throughout the ATTN:. You’ll take the lead on Culture Lab’s project intake process and align with ATTN: teams regarding project status and opportunities. Additionally, you’ll perform industry research and make recommendations on how to enhance the impact of Culture Lab.
You are a passionate expert in Black culture who stays abreast of industry, content, and audience trends. You are familiar with organizations, brands, platforms, and influencers that would be great to collaborate and/or partner with on Culture Lab projects. You’ll be responsible for making introductions, building, and fostering relationships.
- Build, manage, and grow programs that support Culture Lab’s mission of creating content that elevates Black voices, celebrates Black joy, and focuses on Black themes and topics
- Perform research and make recommendations for honing Culture Lab’s competitive advantage
- Help identify external organizations, industry opportunities, and relationships to further enhance Culture Lab’s impact. Make introductions, build, and foster relationships
- Identify and track leads of Black creatives who could be potential collaborators, serving as a point of contact for external inquiries expressing interest in working together
- Establish, grow, and strengthen day-to-day partnerships, resources, and support for creators who create content for and about Black audiences
- Advise Culture Lab creative team on content priorities
- Work cross-functionally and across ATTN: teams and managers in Sales, Branded, and Originals, to implement and execute Culture Lab content. Help circulate key information and ensure plans are executed in a timely and efficient manner
- Advise on content calendars and development slate
- Establish metrics to guide the program, measure progress, and report on project statuses.
- Take lead on Culture Lab’s project intake process
- Proactively liaison with ATTN: teams to embed Culture Lab processes and proactively pursue future content opportunities
- Create presentation information decks, and materials used to pitch Culture Lab projects and initiatives
- Serve as an expert in Black culture and proactively delivering insights on relevant topics to team members and clients
Who You Are:
- Must possess at least one year of strong experience in working on national programs/campaigns for Black and culturally diverse audiences
- 5+ years of professional experience in development, management, and implementation of programs focused on outcomes is required. Experience as a project manager is a plus
- Must have a comprehensive grasp on current industry trends and be a trusted expert on the state of the industry
- Extensive knowledge of the media and cultural landscape and has their finger on the pulse of audience preferences specifically related to Black audiences
- Demonstrated success as a strong cross functional partner to multiple teams
- Results-oriented and resourceful leader
- Able to ramp up quickly and establish themselves as a credible partner with the ability to influence business leaders and teams, as well as external customers
- Sharp communication, organizational, and analytical skills
Our Commitment to Inclusion & Diversity:
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, ATTN: is committed to building and fostering a workplace of diversity and employee inclusion. ATTN: does not discriminate on the basis of an individual's sex, age, race, color, creed, national origin, alienage, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation or affectional preference, gender identity and expression, disability, genetic trait or predisposition, carrier status, citizenship, veteran or military status and other personal characteristics protected by law. All applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected characteristics.