Atomic AI, Inc. is a well-funded, early-stage biotech company transforming the rational design of molecules and medicines through the cutting-edge fusion of artificial intelligence and structural biology. Atomic’s unique R&D platform, based on research featured on the cover of Science, provides new strategies to treat or cure previously undruggable diseases by targeting RNA structure. We are an interdisciplinary team working across computational and experimental biology and believe that our strongest asset is our people.
The infrastructure team at Atomic AI is a full-stack team, with an emphasis on charting and building a high-quality, secure research environment for biology and ML researchers. Responsibilities include pipeline development and orchestration, database setup and productionization, Kubernetes cluster management and growth, light frontend development (just enough to make a pleasant UX), and ownership of a broad array of atypical software stacks.
At Atomic AI, you will be an execution-focused self-starter with a passion for scientific research and a positive attitude when facing challenges. You will prioritize effectively amidst complexity, adapt nimbly to changing conditions, and grow outside of your comfort zone. You will collaborate thoughtfully and promote the success of all team members.
- Propose, design, and implement solutions to reduce scientist toil
- Build, maintain, and extend systems to support authorization, CI, CD, job orchestration, monitoring, and more
- Hands-on support to unblock scientists when necessary
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional experience
- Understand the principles of designing APIs and services
- Excited about generalist software engineering, knowing when to use an off-the-shelf cloud solution versus building your own
- Enjoys taking end to end ownership of problems, from requirements to implementation
- Thrives in ambiguity and navigating complexity
- Strong understanding of software engineering best practices
- Excellent communication skills
- AWS and disaster recovery experience
- Kubernetes or other cluster management experience
- Terraform or similar experience
- Infrastructure/cloud security experience
- React/TypeScript experience
- Passion! Non-matching backgrounds are fine, but please include why you think you'd be a good fit
Atomic AI is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, disability, or veteran status.