Atomic AI, Inc. is a well-funded, early-stage biotech company transforming the rational design of molecules and medicines through the cutting-edge fusion of artificial intelligence and structural biology. Atomic’s unique R&D platform, based on research featured on the cover of Science (doi.org/10.1126/science.abe5650), provides new strategies to treat or cure previously undruggable diseases by targeting RNA structure. We are an interdisciplinary team working across computational and experimental biology and believe that our strongest asset is our people.
As a full-time Scientist or Senior Scientist in the Bioscience team, you will advance our R&D technology platform for RNA structure prediction, target identification, and early drug discovery. You will build analysis pipelines to derive insights from next-generation sequencing data and use your computational expertise to guide experimental design. As an early employee, you will proactively shape the scientific and strategic vision of the company.
At Atomic AI, you will be an execution-focused self-starter with a passion for scientific research and a positive attitude when facing challenges. You will prioritize effectively amidst complexity, adapt nimbly to changing conditions, and grow outside of your comfort zone. You will collaborate thoughtfully and promote the success of all team members.
- Build computational analysis pipelines to derive insights from next-generation sequencing data and guide experimental design.
- Work directly with wet-lab scientists and RNA biologists to develop and optimize new technologies for high-throughput characterization of RNA structure.
- Identify promising RNA targets by curating and analyzing a variety of genomic datasets.
- Lead projects spanning the Bioscience and Machine Learning teams and identify new avenues of collaboration.
- Recruit, train, and oversee research associates.
- Clearly document and communicate research outcomes to colleagues.
- Work within a collaborative, high-caliber, interdisciplinary team.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Genomics, or related field. (Excellent candidates without a Ph.D. are also welcome to apply.)
- Strong expertise in processing and analysis of genomic and next-generation sequencing datasets.
- Fluent in Python data analysis tools (numpy, pandas, Jupyter notebook, biopython).
- Experienced with Linux environments, version control (git).
- Experienced working with large datasets in parallel computing environments.
- Familiar with concepts in molecular biology and biochemistry.
- Track record of scientific achievement, as evidenced by publication of impactful papers.
- Organized and rigorous in recording methodologies and results.
- Excellent presentation and writing skills, able to clearly communicate technical information to colleagues.
- 3+ years of relevant industry or post-doctoral research experience.
- Previously worked on RNA structure, regulation, or chemical mapping.
- Familiar with concepts in machine learning.
Atomic AI is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, disability, or veteran status.