atai Life Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company focused on developing novel treatments (both psychedelic and non-psychedelic) for mental health disorders so that everyone, everywhere can live a more fulfilled life. We are developing psychedelic and non-psychedelic compounds and cutting-edge digital therapeutic tools. We are excited about anything that might mean a true leap forward for patients. We have offices in Berlin, London, New York, Boston, and San Diego (and our office culture is important to us).
What is the role (purpose):
The Product Supply role is focused on ensuring atai has a robust supply chain to support rapid development through commercialization, on time in full. You will work closely with VP Operations, VP Chemistry Manufacturing & Controls and VP Clinical Operations. Your initial task is to build a network strategy for product supply. You will lead on identifying and securing alternate API and drug product suppliers, in addition to broader supply chain optimisation and vendor management. You will establish centralized planning, integrating CMC, clinical operations etc. – enabling up to date information across all studies to drive feasible supply plans. You will identify, select, and manage CMO and CRO vendors, including assistance or oversight on due diligence efforts, audits, site visits, and person in plant for critical manufacturing campaigns. You will manage all budgeting and resourcing requirements related to the GMP manufacturing network, in addition to overseeing Quality System execution for manufacturing.
What you will achieve:
- Within your first month, you will map out the vendor/supplier universe – conducting supply risk assessments and developing appropriate mitigation strategies.
- Within the first 6 months, you will have built a network strategy for product supply, including diversifying current supply and scale up process. Your goal is to build a reliable, responsive, and resilient supply chain.
- Within the first year, you will have created frameworks/infrastructure for all purchasing, material requirements planning, inventory control, import / export requirements of scheduled substances etc., while monitoring and reporting supply chain KPIs. You will establish and manage agreements with key vendors supporting our portfolio of programs.
Who will be successful in this role:
Those who succeed at atai will be strongly aligned with our values:
- Conscious Care: We take every action in service of our goal: to heal mental health disorders for all while caring for ourselves and our team.
- Bold Entrepreneurship: We are “loosely coupled but tightly aligned” as we strive for excellence over perfection, fast and focused to accelerate innovation for patients.
- Collaborative Innovation: individuals and teams work together with good humor and no drama, valuing different perspectives and diversity of thought, background, nationality, and style.
- Radical Responsibility: We take full responsibility for our circumstances. We grow and learn from failures
To succeed in this specific role, the following will also be important:
- BSc./MSc./PhD in a relevant biotechnology or scientific discipline
- CMC or manufacturing experience and a functional understanding of cGMP requirements – Minimum  years’ experience working in a manufacturing environment with responsibility for production planning, supplier management, and sustained product supply.
- You will have a proven track record of working effectively with contract development and manufacturing organizations
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including negotiation skills that ensure corporate outcomes are met.
- Excellent risk management, problem-solving, and crisis management skills.
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams as related to drug development.
- Well-versed in the latest technologies, trends, and practices in drug substance development and cGMP manufacturing and supply chain technology/processes