Associate, CEO Office
atai Life Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company focused on developing novel treatments for mental health disorders so that everyone, everywhere can live a more fulfilled life. We operate a decentralized model whereby atai incubates, acquires, and supports individual platform companies by providing them strategic and operational functions centrally. This allows our platform companies to stay lean and agile in their clinical pursuits, whilst also being able to leverage the expertise of a multibillion-dollar global biopharmaceutical company. atai is pursuing a world-first strategy by deploying our clinical compounds together with our ecosystem of Digital Therapeutics, utilizing cutting-edge technology, clinical protocol, human-interaction psychology, and data science in order to enhance the safety and efficacy of our compounds.
As an Associate in the CEO office, you will have the unique opportunity to work on the highest priority projects at the company, as designated by the CEO and his Chief of Staff. Your projects will allow you to liaison with leaders across all departments and gain insight into each team’s work. Your entrepreneurial spirit, structured way of working and ability to quickly learn new skills will help you succeed in this role. You will have the chance to work directly with the Chief of Staff and CEO as you complete a wide variety of projects, including research, analysis, management, organizational tasks and more.
We look forward to welcoming you to the atai team!
- Work in a fast-paced environment where you’ll work on a wide range of topics and collaborate across teams
- Be a major contributor to the success of a rapidly growing innovative biotech start-up
- Become part of a radically new and impactful paradigm shift in how mental health disorders are being treated around the world
- An open, meritocratic, data- and results-driven culture
- Extensive professional growth opportunities at a company where great work is recognized
- Competitive stock option plan, employee benefits and health/wellness programs
- Participate in company retreats in Europe and USA with a global team and supportive culture
- Work on the highest priority projects in the organization as designated by the CEO and Chief of Staff with direct exposure to senior leadership
- Identify and solve bottlenecks or threats across all teams and escalate critical issues appropriately
- Work with departments in setting up stable processes
- Communicate regularly with all leaders to understand and report on all relevant projects and information to the CEO
- Prepare presentations, meetings and documents for atai’s senior leadership and supervisory board (incl. quarterly supervisory board meetings)
- Create analysis-based deliverables to support strategic innovation
- Strategically plan C-level schedules and support with urgent administrative matters in collaboration with our executive admin team
- You have previous full-time or internship work experience in consulting and/or high-growth startup environment
- You have a strong academic record, including a bachelor’s degree a STEM field
- You think and work in an extremely structured way and thrive in uncertain environments
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset and are unafraid to take ownership of new projects
- You have experience planning, managing and executing on complex projects involving a wide variety of team members in a (bio-)tech, startup or consulting setting
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills and are comfortable quickly producing presentations, reports, etc. (proficient in PowerPoint and Excel)
- You are highly empathetic, enjoy collaborating on a wide variety of projects and love quickly becoming an expert in new topics
- You adapt quickly to new information and overcome obstacles collaboratively, while respecting others’ points of view
- You have strong analytical and organizational skills to set strategy and translate strategy into actions
- You are always looking for new ways to improve and are open to continuous feedback
- You are internally motivated to implement best practices in a continuous cycle of improvement
- You thrive in a global, fast-paced, highly complex environment
The role can only be undertaken in person within the Berlin (preferred), London or New York City office.