Location: Remote or in our Germany / Netherlands offices
We are seeking an experienced biopharmaceutical General Counsel (LLM background) to join our legal team. The ideal candidate has a strong background in the biotechnology industry, with German, Dutch and (ideally) U.S. legal expertise, to support and provide advice on a broad range of strategic matters for the Company’s global regulatory, compliance, commercial, and other corporate legal issues. Most importantly, the ideal candidate must be able to manage and navigate the day-to-day compliance and corporate governance aspects of the Company’s corporate structure and bring creative solutions to legal challenges by working closely as a strategic advisor and business partner to the Chief Legal Officer, the senior team, and Board of Directors (as applicable). This role will be remote and will report to the Chief Legal Officer.
- A fast-paced environment where you’ll work on a wide range of topics
- Be a major contributor to the success of a well-positioned, well-financed, rapidly growing biotech company
- Become part of creating a radically new and impactful paradigm shift in drug development and patient care
- An open, results-driven, and meritocratic start-up culture
- To work from where you want when you want, and with the device and equipment you choose
- The opportunity to participate in the company's success via an option plan
- Provide high quality, timely and practical legal advice, and guidance, identify, and help resolve critical legal and business issues arising from regulatory, pre-clinical, clinical, technical operations, and research and development activities.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with all levels of management and become a trusted and advisor on legal, governance and compliance matters.
- Help drive overall business and growth strategy of the company while providing practical legal advice relating to applicable laws and regulations, as well as contractual obligations.
- Provide advice and guidance for the accomplishment of the overall business objectives in compliance with applicable laws and regulations and avoidance of unacceptable risks. Keep abreast of practices, standards, and trends affecting the company and biopharmaceutical industry.
- Work closely with the various departments and Company subsidiaries, providing recommendations and comprehensive legal, governance and compliance support where required.
- Negotiate, draft, and implement a variety of standard and bespoke agreements, including multi-party agreements
- Serve as general counsel to certain of the Company’s subsidiaries, including providing counsel to such subsidiaries on a wide range of legal matters, including but not limited to HR and employment matters, contractual matters, clinical, regulatory and other compliance matters, etc.
- LLM required (J.D. preferred but not required) and 10+ years’ experience with regulatory requirements in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry required.
- Ability to work on international legal matters. Experience with German and Dutch law required.
- Experience in a Start-Up and fast-growing biotechnology organization preferred.
- Willingness and ability to work cross-functionally, and coordinate activities across a large number of individuals in various departments and geographies.
- Familiarity with these additional areas is also helpful: federal, state, and international healthcare laws and regulations including FDA regulations, GMP obligations, process validation and scale-up, global privacy (GDPR), FCPA, Anti-Kickback Statute, False Claims Act, HIPAA, privacy laws, advertising laws, regulatory guidances, and legal contract principles.
- Ability to work conscientiously and with minimal direction, using good judgment, taking initiative to accomplish short and long-range projects, and recommend actions with minimal direction.
- Strong knowledge of contract documents and concepts and strong drafting and negotiation skills, attention to details is important.
- Proven track record of delivering consistently on complex projects under challenging circumstances with a sense of urgency, while keeping broader strategic objectives in focus.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure, prioritize and manage a significant number of projects simultaneously under tight deadlines, and to thrive in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
Join us to improve the lives of millions suffering from a real unmet medical need - Apply today via the "Apply for this Job" - button on the top right. Please note that we can only accept applications from people that have a valid US work permit.
How to apply
Help us to improve the lives of millions suffering from a real unmet medical need - apply today via the form below with a few clicks and send us your updated CV.
Please note that we can only accept applications from candidates with a valid US work permit.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.