About Assembly OSM
Assembly is on a mission to make urban growth scalable, sustainable, and inclusive. Novel technology, enabling aerospace levels of precision, allows us to design and deliver high-rise buildings quickly, at less cost, and more efficiently than ever before. Assembly buildings are custom, imaginative, green, and peerless in quality—all while creating market-driven affordability, enabling diverse participation in building delivery, and bringing design excellence to more and more communities. We’re currently a tight-knit group of 30 with plans to scale both our team and impact substantially this year. If our mission speaks to you, we encourage you to read more from our leadership team and to apply to join us.
About the Role
As Global Supply Manager, you will help us build a world class supply chain by using your experience in
strategic sourcing, negotiations, and supplier relationship management to ensure we have access to
capable suppliers and quality materials at the best value. This role will require curiosity, independence,
and the willingness to tackle ambiguity and apply established sourcing principles to our segment of the
modular construction industry.
● Work closely with internal architects, designers, engineers, and project managers to develop
designs, source materials, and establish criteria for supplier selection.
● Source suppliers to drive the highest value available using technology, manufacturing
capabilities, responsiveness, quality, facilities, equipment / technology, quality and experience as
● Drive cost reductions, risk mitigation, and sustainability throughout the supply chain.
● Lead the supplier engagement strategy - managing relationships from selection through contract
negotiation and continuous supply.
● Manage the RFx process from supplier selection and negotiation to award.
● Track commodity and local/regional market dynamics as well as industry trends.
● Calm under pressure and comfortable with change.
● Collaborative. You’re able to work with others to gather the information needed to get the
greatest value out of our supply chain.
● Analytical. You use numbers and data to guide your decisions.
● Comfortable presenting your work to others and defending your positions.
● You take initiative, assume ownership, and drive results.
● Experience sourcing structural (heavy and light steel), Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing a
● Enterprise resource planning, construction management, estimating software, and bidding
systems use a plus.
● Preference given for construction industry experience; especially if it includes prefabrication
and/or modular construction.
$90,000 - $140,000 per year
At Assembly, we aim for genuine inclusion and belonging, not just the absence of toxicity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and have zero tolerance for harassment or discrimination. We seek out employees of all races, colors, religions, ages, gender identities and presentations, LGBTQ+ identities and orientations, family and parental statuses, veteran and disability statuses, and ancestries and national origins.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- 20 PTO days per year, plus holidays
- Free One Medical and virtual healthcare services, including Health Advocate and Teladoc
- Commuter Benefits
- FSA and HSA
- Summer Fridays
* Please note that being authorized to work in the United States is a precondition of employment for this role. We are not sponsoring work visas, such as H-1B visas, at this point in time.*