Arzeda is solving some of today’s hardest and most meaningful problems – from food and nutrition to sustainable materials and homecare – by designing proteins that have the limitless potential to change everyone’s daily life. Our team has developed a proven technology platform that merges computational protein design, machine learning, and synthetic biology tools to produce proteins, enzymes, and bio-based processes more efficiently than even Mother Nature. A deep tech, mission-driven company, we are passionate about our mission to design novel proteins and products that enhance our lives and protect our planet. At Arzeda, we value a strong desire to learn, innovate and be continuously challenged.
We are seeking a Project Manager who will help guide internal and external technical projects and partnerships. In this role, you will leverage your technical expertise in enzymology and enzyme engineering to drive project initiatives for early stage R&D/discovery through commercial de-risking at pilot scale. If you are seeking a dynamic position where you can leverage your technical background in a business-minded role this may be the opportunity for you!
Arzeda is located in Seattle, Washington. Nestled among the historic and artistic neighborhoods of Ballard, Fremont and Queen Anne, you'll find the right balance of activities and relaxation. Whether you're indulging your inner foodie at one of many unique restaurants, drinking a craft beverage after a day at the beach, or enjoying a picturesque walk through the Sunday Market, you'll be proud to call Seattle your home.
- Manage 2-3 enzyme-enabled projects, bringing them from proof-of-concept through to commercial de-risking at the pilot-scale
- In collaboration with the management, business development and functional technical teams, define key stage-gate milestones to bring portfolio project from concept to commercialization
- Organize daily activities for each portfolio project based on goals and initiatives at Arzeda
- Manages budget and expenses associated with each project
- Oversee and coordinate technical execution towards milestones by project teams, contract manufacturing organizations, and consultants
- Participate as content expert in business development meeting with potential commercialization partners.
- Provide regular progress report to project stakeholders
- MS or PhD in biochemistry or related field with 2-5 years of industrial experience
- Experience managing complex enzyme engineering and manufacturing development projects from concept to pilot scale
- Strong technical understanding of molecular biology tools, enzyme expression and assays, with an ability to analyze data critically and interact with a team of scientists in crafting research plans
Nice-to-haves (but not required):
- Active Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or Program Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Prior experience working with either protein/enzymes ingredients or enzymes as processing aids
- Prior experience managing industrial enzyme projects
- Previous experience in biocatalysis for food ingredients or chemical manufacturing
- Coding experience with Python
- Experience navigating IP landscape and drafting patent documents (as a Scientist/Contributor)
Arzeda compensation and benefits include:
- Comprehensive compensation package, to include equity
- Paid time off; company-observed holidays to include a company paid holiday closure between Dec 25 and Jan 1; and paid medical/family leave
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance to include options for Health Savings Accounts
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Commuter benefits
Arzeda is an equal opportunity employer promoting diversity and inclusion in the workspace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical conditions, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding), genetic information, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, or any other basis protected by law.
Legal authorization to work in the United States is required. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.