Arzeda is solving some of today’s hardest and most meaningful problems – from food and nutrition to sustainable materials and homecare – by designing proteins that have the limitless potential to change everyone’s daily life. Our team has developed a proven technology platform that merges computational protein design, machine learning, and synthetic biology tools to produce proteins, enzymes, and bio-based processes more efficiently than Mother Nature. A deep tech, mission-driven company, we are passionate about our mission to design novel proteins and products that enhance our lives and protect our planet. At Arzeda, we value a strong desire to learn, innovate and be continuously challenged.
We are seeking a detail-oriented Scientist to add to the foundation of our Assay Development and Testing team. You will play a critical role in the continued development of our enzyme engineering platform at Arzeda to rapidly screen and optimize enzyme functions. Using your deep knowledge of enzymology, including enzyme kinetics, protein characterization, analytical biochemistry, and HT-assay development and troubleshooting you will contribute to impactful projects across the company.
Arzeda is located in Seattle, Washington. Nestled among the historic and artistic neighborhoods of Ballard, Fremont and Queen Anne, you'll find the right balance of activities and relaxation. Whether you're indulging your inner foodie at one of many unique restaurants, drinking a craft beverage after a day at the beach, or enjoying a picturesque walk through the Sunday Market, you'll be proud to call Seattle your home.
- Developing optimized conditions for robust HT enzyme assays.
- Implementing miniaturized, reliable enzyme assays.
- Perform HT enzyme preparation and assays.
- Working with automation and database/LIMS experts, the candidate will be expected to contribute to the implementation of robust and HT enzyme preparation and assay as well as data analysis workflows.
- Working closely with and training associate scientists and technicians to develop, optimize and perform laboratory SOPs.
- Interfacing with upstream (e.g., Protein Design, Pathway and Strain Design, and Genetic Build-Design teams) and downstream teams (e.g., Analytics (LC/MS) and Fermentation teams) for efficient data exchange and transfer of materials.
- PhD in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Synthetic Biology, or other related and 2+ years of experience in a post-doctoral or industry role.
- In-depth knowledge of enzymology and experience with characterizations.
- Hands-on experience with automation equipment.
- Understanding of protein quantification and metabolic pathways.
- Experience evaluating data sets, putting together reports, and presenting findings and/or results from data analysis.
- Desire to communicate openly within a team and be receptive to feedback and learning opportunities.
Nice-to-haves (but not required):
- Python and/or R
- Mass Spec analysis
Arzeda compensation and benefits include:
- Comprehensive compensation package, to include equity
- Paid time off; company-observed holidays to include a company paid holiday closure between Dec 25 and Jan 1; and paid medical/family leave
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance to include options for Health Savings Accounts
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Commuter benefits
Arzeda is an equal opportunity employer promoting diversity and inclusion in the workspace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical conditions, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding), genetic information, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, or any other basis protected by law.
Legal authorization to work in the United States is required. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.