Arvinas is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company leading the way in targeted protein degradation therapeutics. Arvinas is the first company to focus solely on protein degradation and its platform technology is the most advanced in the field. Since its founding in 2013, Arvinas’ PROTAC® Discovery Engine has been driving the most significant breakthroughs in the industry. Arvinas’ pipeline encompasses a range of validated and undruggable targets in oncology, immuno-oncology, and neuroscience. This includes three clinical-stage programs: ARV-110 and ARV-766, which are being developed as potential treatments for men with late-line metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer, and ARV-471, which is being developed as a potential treatment for patients with breast cancer.
#TeamArvinas is made up of more than 300 passionate and curious employees, whose diverse thoughts and perspectives are highly valued. Arvinas employees embrace the freedom to pursue innovation, think creatively, and give back. They are driven by the company’s values and purpose – to improve the well-being of patients and families impacted by the devastating diseases Arvinas is working to treat. It’s an exciting time to be in drug development and it’s an exciting time to be at Arvinas. But don’t just take our word for it – here’s what Arvinas employees are saying. For more information, please visit www.arvinas.com.
The internship project will involve extracting and formatting data for AI/ML training and testing sets, exploring published AI models for protein-ligand interaction prediction/scoring, and development of new AI models focused on protein/ligand interactions. At the end of the project, the intern would present the results as a talk or poster at Arvinas.
This position reports to a Sr. Research Scientist in Computational Drug Design and can be located remotely within the US.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Obtain and curate publicly available ligand-protein interaction data and augment datasets with Arvinas proprietary compound data.
- Explore published AI-based ligand-protein interaction scoring models.
- Develop new GNN, CNN, and/or RNN based AI models.
- Prepare and present results at a poster session the end of the internship.
- Knowledge of and experience with TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, and/or Scikit-learn required.
- Strong programming skills in Python required.
- Python programming in Jupyter Notebook preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of GNN’s, CNN’s and RNN’s a very strong plus.
- Solid communications skills (written spoken).
- Capable of working independently but must be a team player.
- Computer Science, Math, Physics, or Chemistry major.
- For non-Chemistry majors, elective classes in computational chemistry, chemistry, and/or molecular biology & biophysics preferred.
- Preference to rising junior or rising senior in an undergraduate program.
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity employer