Arvinas is a clinical-stage biotechnology company leading the way in targeted protein degradation therapeutics. Arvinas is the first company to focus solely on protein degradation and its platform technology is the most advanced in the field. Since its founding in 2013, Arvinas’ PROTAC® Discovery Engine has been driving the most significant breakthroughs in the industry. Arvinas’ pipeline encompasses a range of validated and undruggable targets in oncology, immuno-oncology, and neuroscience. This includes three clinical-stage programs: bavdegalutamide (ARV-110) and ARV-766, which are being developed as potential treatments for men with late-line metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer, and ARV-471, which is being co-developed and commercialized by Arvinas and Pfizer as a potential treatment for patients with breast cancer.
#TeamArvinas is made up of more than 400 passionate and curious employees, whose diverse thoughts and perspectives are highly valued. Arvinas employees embrace the freedom to pursue innovation, think creatively, and give back. They are driven by the company’s values and mission – to improve the lives of patients with serious diseases by pioneering therapies created with our revolutionary PROTAC® protein degradation platform. We’re really excited about the work we’re doing inside and outside of Arvinas, and think you will be, too. But don’t just take our word for it – learn more about life at Arvinas and what employees have to say. For more information, please visit www.arvinas.com.
The internship project involves statistical analysis of Arvinas PROTAC® data and creation of artificial intelligence/machine learning (AI/ML) models to facilitate PROTAC® linker design. At the end of the project, the intern will present the results as a talk or poster at Arvinas.
This position reports to a Research Investigator in Computational Drug Design and can be located remotely within the US.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Perform statistical analyses of Arvinas PROTAC® data to identify attributes leading to favorable ADME properties and/or effective protein degradation.
- Develop GNN, CNN, and/or RNN based AI models.
- Explore generative AI approaches for PROTAC® linker design.
- Refine AI models by augmenting Arvinas proprietary compound and PROTAC® data with published data.
- Prepare and present results at a poster session the end of the internship.
- Strong programming skills in Python required.
- Knowledge of and experience with Scikit-learn and Numpy required.
- Python programming in Jupyter Notebook preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of GNNs, CNNs and RNNs and experience with TensorFlow, Keras, or PyTorch a very strong plus.
- Solid communications skills (written and spoken).
- Capable of working independently but must be a team player.
- Computer Science, Math, or Physics major.
- Completion of classes in computational chemistry, chemistry, and/or molecular biology & biophysics, preferred.
- Preference to rising junior or rising senior in an undergraduate program.
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity employer