Arvinas is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company leading the way in targeted protein degradation therapeutics. Arvinas is the first company to focus solely on protein degradation and its platform technology is the most advanced in the field. Since its founding in 2013, Arvinas’ PROTAC® Discovery Engine has been driving the most significant breakthroughs in the industry. Arvinas’ pipeline encompasses a range of validated and undruggable targets in oncology, immuno-oncology, and neuroscience. This includes three clinical-stage programs: bavdegalutamide (ARV-110) and ARV-766, which are being developed as potential treatments for men with late-line metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer, and ARV-471, which is being developed as a potential treatment for patients with breast cancer.
#TeamArvinas is made up of more than 350 passionate and curious employees, whose diverse thoughts and perspectives are highly valued. Arvinas employees embrace the freedom to pursue innovation, think creatively, and give back. They are driven by the company’s values and purpose – to improve the well-being of patients and families impacted by the devastating diseases Arvinas is working to treat. It’s an exciting time to be in drug development and it’s an exciting time to be at Arvinas. But don’t just take our word for it – here’s what Arvinas employees are saying. For more information, please visit www.arvinas.com.
Responsible for the effective management of a group of PhD and non-PhD researchers dedicated to oncology drug discovery research. This position will oversee a portfolio of oncology discovery biology assets and their biology leaders. S/he will engage in newer target proposals, prioritize, validate and present to the group of scientists as well as to the leadership group. S/he will be responsible for the prioritization of new and existing drug discovery projects based on science, data and progress to achieve deliverables using the company criteria. S/he will lead directly and in a matrix team environment.
This position reports to Vice President, Oncology and Immuno-Oncology Research and can be located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Will supervise/mentor PhD and non-PhD biologists
- S/he will engage in newer target proposals, prioritize, validate and present to the group of scientists as well as to the leadership group.
- Prioritization of new and existing drug discovery projects based on science, data and progress to achieve deliverables using the company criteria.
- Make scientific contributions that have significant impact on the Arvinas platform and overall research direction of the company.
- Maintain orderly and timely record of project plans and results in accordance with company policy and legal requirements.
- Accountable for ensuring own goals, those of any direct reports, project team goals, and project and company objectives are achieved.
- Maintain a safe working environment for self and others.
- Contribute to regulatory documents, scientific publications, patents.
- S/he will provide transparent, focused updates to the manager and company executives as requested.
- Represent company at scientific conferences, regulatory body meetings and other internal groups and external organizations as needed.
- 15+ years of pharma or biotech small molecule drug discovery experience in oncology.
- Track record of leading research projects from inception to IND-track nomination.
- Strong background in cancer biology and cellular signaling with demonstrated expertise in incorporating this knowledge into drug discovery projects. Will have current knowledge of the competition in the field of tumor intrinsic biology-cancer drug discovery.
- Demonstrated success in leading cross-disciplinary, drug discovery project teams, integrating and evaluating the work of multiple drug discovery groups / functions.
- Experience with direct supervision of PhD and non-PhD research Scientists.
- Innovative, motivated, researcher with strong problem solving and communication skills with current knowledge in prevailing drug discovery assays, techniques, instrumentations.
- Expertise in developing compound profiling mechanistic and functional assays to support chemistry efforts in developing structure-activity relationships that guide lead identification, optimization & development candidate selection, specifically, running and evaluating experiments to measure target engagement, pathway modulation and therapeutic sensitivity in response to compounds or target modulation.
- Knowledge of assays & metrics that report on potency, selectivity, ADME, PK, PD, safety & efficacy.
- Solid understanding of how to leverage biomarkers and translational research to guide clinical development including patient derived cells and relevant primary tissue culture.
- Excellent publication record in high tier journals.
- PhD in cancer cell biology or related field.
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity employer