Arvinas is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company leading the way in targeted protein degradation therapeutics. Arvinas is the first company to focus solely on protein degradation and its platform technology is the most advanced in the field. Since its founding in 2013, Arvinas’ PROTAC® Discovery Engine has been driving the most significant breakthroughs in the industry. Arvinas’ pipeline encompasses a range of validated and undruggable targets in oncology, immuno-oncology, and neuroscience. This includes three clinical-stage programs: bavdegalutamide (ARV-110) and ARV-766, which are being developed as potential treatments for men with late-line metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer, and ARV-471, which is being developed as a potential treatment for patients with breast cancer.
#TeamArvinas is made up of more than 350 passionate and curious employees, whose diverse thoughts and perspectives are highly valued. Arvinas employees embrace the freedom to pursue innovation, think creatively, and give back. They are driven by the company’s values and purpose – to improve the well-being of patients and families impacted by the devastating diseases Arvinas is working to treat. It’s an exciting time to be in drug development and it’s an exciting time to be at Arvinas. But don’t just take our word for it – here’s what Arvinas employees are saying. For more information, please visit www.arvinas.com.
We are seeking a Patent Attorney whose primary responsibilities will be to draft, file, and prosecute patent applications in U.S. and foreign jurisdictions to protect the Company’s rapidly growing intellectual property portfolio.
This position will report to the General Counsel, and can be remote, hybrid, or located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT.
- Working with Company scientists to identify opportunities to protect new intellectual property.
- Developing and implementing strategies to optimize intellectual property protection.
- Drafting, filing, and prosecuting patent applications in U.S. and foreign jurisdictions to protect the Company’s growing intellectual property portfolio.
- Conducting freedom-to-operate reviews.
- Responding effectively to Patent Office communications and outside counsel requests for instructions.
- Working effectively with other in-house patent attorneys and outside patent counsel to protect the Company’s rapidly growing patent portfolio;
- Communicating effectively with other attorneys, legal support staff, company executives, and scientific staff
- 6+ years of experience in U.S. and foreign patent prosecution in a pharmaceutical-related field;
- Currently admitted to practice in a State Bar and before the USPTO;
- Excellent foundation in Patent Law;
- Experience with the Hatch-Waxman statute, non-patent exclusivities, and/or post-grant proceedings (IPRs, PGRs) is preferred.
- Highly organized with attention-to-detail;
- Experience in prior art and freedom-to-operate reviews;
- Experience in product life-cycle management and strategy;
- High level of ethics and professionalism;
- Flexible, energetic, passionate, and a self-starter
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with competing tasks and demands.
- J.D. from an accredited law school; admitted into practice and in good standing
- Advanced degree in organic chemistry or related field, with a background in the life sciences;
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity employer