Arvinas is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company leading the way in targeted protein degradation therapeutics. Arvinas is the first company to focus solely on protein degradation and its platform technology is the most advanced in the field. Since its founding in 2013, Arvinas’ PROTAC® Discovery Engine has been driving the most significant breakthroughs in the industry. Arvinas’ pipeline encompasses a range of validated and undruggable targets in oncology, immuno-oncology, and neuroscience. This includes three clinical-stage programs: bavdegalutamide (ARV-110) and ARV-766, which are being developed as potential treatments for men with late-line metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer, and ARV-471, which is being developed as a potential treatment for patients with breast cancer.
#TeamArvinas is made up of more than 350 passionate and curious employees, whose diverse thoughts and perspectives are highly valued. Arvinas employees embrace the freedom to pursue innovation, think creatively, and give back. They are driven by the company’s values and purpose – to improve the well-being of patients and families impacted by the devastating diseases Arvinas is working to treat. It’s an exciting time to be in drug development and it’s an exciting time to be at Arvinas. But don’t just take our word for it – here’s what Arvinas employees are saying. For more information, please visit www.arvinas.com.
This position within our Medicinal Chemistry group will play a central role in directing the scale up of key intermediates and API in collaboration with our Contract Research Organizations (CROs). A key activity will be defining a fit-for-purpose synthetic route to enable production of up to 5 kgs of target compounds. The successful candidate will work closely with our Process Chemistry and external manufacturing groups in coordinating the synthesis and delivery of materials to support the early development pipeline.
The successful candidate will have experience in synthetic route development, hands-on kilo-lab work, and providing technical direction to CROs. The position will report to the Senior Director of Chemistry CRO Operations and can be located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT or work with a hybrid work arrangement.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in the management of international chemistry CRO services, including daily oversight of relevant technical activities
- Conduct and oversee process chemistry research to enable modification of Discovery Chemistry routes to provide kilogram quantities of intermediates and APIs
- Ensure delivery of the required materials into the early development pipeline to meet timelines
- Proactively mitigate issues and hurdles to ensure effective process development and scale-up of API processes
- Ensure that process and analytical development at external CROs is conducted in a manner to facilitate subsequent scale-up activities in development
- Play a key role in chemistry knowledge transfer between Discovery and Process Chemistry
- A minimum of 10 years of process/medicinal chemistry experience within the pharmaceutical industry
- Demonstrated ability to work with international chemistry CROs
- Strong background in synthetic organic chemistry, preferably with experience in process chemistry research
- Hands-on experience with analytical and purification techniques including NMR, HPLC, LC-MS, and preparative chromatography
- Bilingual with fluency in Mandarin is a plus
- Detail-oriented, with good organizational and project management skills
- A PhD in synthetic organic chemistry.
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity employer