Arvinas is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company leading the way in targeted protein degradation therapeutics. Arvinas is the first company to focus solely on protein degradation and its platform technology is the most advanced in the field. Since its founding in 2013, Arvinas’ PROTAC® Discovery Engine has been driving the most significant breakthroughs in the industry. Arvinas’ pipeline encompasses a range of validated and undruggable targets in oncology, immuno-oncology, and neuroscience. This includes three clinical-stage programs: bavdegalutamide (ARV-110) and ARV-766, which are being developed as potential treatments for men with late-line metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer, and ARV-471, which is being developed as a potential treatment for patients with breast cancer.
#TeamArvinas is made up of more than 350 passionate and curious employees, whose diverse thoughts and perspectives are highly valued. Arvinas employees embrace the freedom to pursue innovation, think creatively, and give back. They are driven by the company’s values and purpose – to improve the well-being of patients and families impacted by the devastating diseases Arvinas is working to treat. It’s an exciting time to be in drug development and it’s an exciting time to be at Arvinas. But don’t just take our word for it – here’s what Arvinas employees are saying. For more information, please visit www.arvinas.com.
This position in the Immuno-Oncology Group (IO-IMM) at Arvinas is laboratory-based and requires strong experimental skills, and the ability to effectively partner with team members in order to deliver quality data in support of early drug discovery efforts.
This position reports to the Executive Director, Immunology & Immuno-Oncology and will be located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Design, execution, and data analysis of experiments
- Utilize appropriate methodologies (tool compounds, genetic knockdown, etc.) to characterize target of interest function, pathway modulation, and cell sensitivity
- Interact and collaborate with IO-IMM and Chemistry team members to contribute to drug discovery and development program progression
- Manage laboratory notebook, databases, and spreadsheets to effectively record and communicate results
- General knowledge of immunology related to immunotherapy or autoimmune diseases
- Demonstrated ability to design, QC, validate, and execute cell based in vitro assays
- Proficient in aseptic tissue culture techniques: mammalian cell culture, immune cell culture, cell lines, and primary human and mouse cell preparation, enrichment and isolation. Isolation techniques such as density centrifugation and magnetic bead based isolation a plus.
- Proficient in Western immunoblotting, ELISA (MSD or Luminex based multiplexing a plus), and gene expression assays (DNA/RNA isolation, PCR, rt PCR)
- Experienced in cell proliferation assays, cell viability assays, gene expression manipulation (shRNA, siRNA, CRISPR)
- Working knowledge of flow cytometry (DIVA platform experience a plus)
- Excellent data handling and recording skills as well as oral and written communication skills
- Organized and enthusiastic with demonstrated ability to work both independently to plan and execute experiments and collaboratively in a team environment
- BS with 4+ years' industry or academic research experience or MS in Biology or relevant discipline with 1+ year (or equivalent) in biomedical or pharmaceutical research.
- Focus on immunology or immuno-oncology lab experience highly desired.
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity employer