Argyle is a fast-growing remote-first Series B startup that has reimagined how we access and use employment data.
At Argyle, we recognize that employment data is owned by the individual it represents. By building the first gateway to employment data, we’re unlocking a dataset that has been monopolized by a single giant corporation (name omitted because of decorum) for 70 years. In turn, we’re making it easier, faster, better, wiser for innovative companies to put employment data to work for their users, enabling access to products and services that improve lives.
If you rent an apartment, buy a car, refinance a home, apply for a loan — the first question you’ll often be asked, “how do you make money?“. You’d think information so foundational to our economy would be simple to manage, transfer and control — but it isn’t.
Argyle is the easiest way for people to instantly share their income and employment data with any product or service. Users exercise complete control over how their data is accessed, and businesses receive real-time access to this data via the Argyle API.
Our team is a fun and passionate group of people, working remotely across 24 countries and counting. Learn more about our team on our about page.
About the team
The finance team at Argyle is focused on building out a world-class finance organization with the best people, processes, and technology. As a high-growth startup, we work cross-functionally to support the broader organization, while implementing strong systems and processes to scale the organization. The team works very closely together, with opportunities to work on initiatives across accounting, FP&A, and shared services.
What will you do?
- Process journal entries to the general ledger
- Reconcile bank and credit card accounts monthly
- Code transactions by name and account
- Issue timely and accurate invoices and track cash payments and accounts receivable
- Manage accounts payable and maintain records of vendor relations and statuses
- Process payroll and prepare related journal entries and 1099s
- Participate in the month-end close process and prepare financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends as requested
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by maintaining compliance documentation and maintaining historical records by filing documents electronically
- Stay informed and current with bookkeeping, tax filing, HR standards and other related government regulations
- Work with finance and business teams in forecasting income and expenses
What are we looking for
- 1 – 3 years of experience
- Technical knowledge of U.S. GAAP accounting theory, principles, and practices
- Experience at one of the ‘Big Four’ accounting firms preferred
- Completed or working towards CPA license strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required; concentration in accounting or finance preferred
- Ability to describe accounting systems and processes in written correspondence and in procedure manual format
- Ability to perform mathematical computations accurately and quickly, including computation of ratios and percentages
- Familiarity with accounting tools (Quickbooks, Stripe, Bill.com, Ramp, etc) and Microsoft Excel to present financial information
- Ability to prepare statistical reports, analyze financial reports and make recommendations based on analysis and research
- Strong priority management skills
- Remote first company
- International environment
- Flexible working hours
- Stock Options
- Flexible vacation leave
- $1,000 after a month of employment to set up your home office
- Annual Company Performance Bonus
Argyle embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.