Argyle is a fast-growing remote-first Series A startup that has reimagined how we access and use employment data.
At Argyle, we recognize that employment data is owned by the individual it represents. By building the first gateway to employment data, we’re unlocking a dataset that has been monopolized by a single giant corporation (name omitted because of decorum) for 70 years. In turn, we’re making it easier, faster, better, wiser for innovative companies to put employment data to work for their users, enabling access to products and services that improve lives.
If you rent an apartment, buy a car, refinance a home, apply for a loan — the first question you’ll often be asked, “how do you make money?“. You’d think information so foundational to our economy would be simple to manage, transfer and control — but it isn’t.
Argyle is the easiest way for people to instantly share their income and employment data with any product or service. Users exercise complete control over how their data is accessed, and businesses receive real-time access to this data via the Argyle API.
Our team is a fun and passionate group of people, working remotely across 24 countries and counting. Learn more about our team on our about page.
About the team
The Systems Build at Argyle focuses on creating a modern architecture and software development practice to support rapid feature development. To join the team, you will have a strong software engineering background, have worked on systems with stringent uptime and security requirements, and may have led teams of engineers.
What will you do?
- Design, build and maintain APIs, services, and systems across Argyle's engineering teams
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack
- Work with engineers across the company to build new features at large-scale
You will also be involved in
- Managing k8s clusters with GitOps driven approach
- Operating databases with large datasets
- Concurrent systems programming
What are we looking for?
- Experience and a big passion for API design, scalability, performance, and end-to-end ownership
- Strong experience in Java
- Experience with Event-Driven Architecture
- You hold yourself and others to a high bar when working with production systems
- You take pride in working on projects to successful completion involving a wide variety of technologies and systems
- You thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts
- Remote first company
- International environment
- Flexible working hours
- Stock Options
- Flexible vacation leave
- $1000 after a month of employment to set up your home office.
Argyle embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.