Archer is an aerospace company based in San Jose, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What you’ll do
- Assist in developing MRB procedures and systems required to support an FAA certified vehicle and manufacturing line.
- Assist in the development of standard processes, standard repairs, and documentation for the MRB department.
- Work within a team of multi-functional engineers from airframe, systems, and powertrain disciplines to investigate reports of defective, damaged, or malfunctioning parts, assemblies, equipment, or systems to determine the nature and scope of the problem and evaluate the findings to formulate corrective action plans and coordinate implementation of the plan.
- Manage timely and efficient engineering support for production related MRB activities and Change Requests received from Manufacturing Operations, Quality Assurance, and Supply Chain.
- Evaluate nonconformance data and perform root cause analysis to determine the appropriate corrective action response for recurring nonconformance issues.
- Ensure design changes, solutions, repairs, and alterations provide high customer value, and meet certification requirements of the FAA Type Design, Production Certificate, and design intent.
- Coordinate with many other areas of the company and outside vendors to incorporate design changes.
- Promote and maintain a safe and healthy work environment.
- Provide Material Review Board (MRB) oversight for Archer.
- Interface with Operations, Quality, Engineering, regulatory agencies and suppliers/partners to resolve issues impacting aircraft build, test and delivery.
- Mentor junior MRB engineers to ensure they understand their roles & responsibilities.
- Develop relationships with operations/quality/engineering teams.
- Develop and maintain relationships and partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers and supply chain partners.
- Provide oversight and approval of technical approaches, products and processes.
What you’ll need
- BS or MS Degree in Engineering or a related field
- 11+ years experience in Aerospace
- 8+ years experience as an MRB engineer
- Technical process and documentation development experience
- Structure or Electrical production support experience while utilizing 3D geometry
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to understand, apply and implement concepts and lean tools to the company production system for improvement
- FAR 23 experience
- Part 21 experience
- Working under an FAA Production Certificate
- Experience with high voltage systems: cars, aircraft, etc
At Archer we aim to attract, retain, and motivate talent that possess the skills and leadership necessary to grow our business. We drive a pay-for-performance culture and reward performance that supports the Company’s business strategy. For this position we are targeting a base pay between $180,000 - $225,000. Actual compensation offered will be determined by factors such as job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.