Archer is an aerospace company based in San Jose, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What you’ll do:
- Lead trades to define the final system architecture of the Electrical Low Voltage Power System (LVPS)
- Lead the relationship with suppliers including assessment of their capabilities (technical, risks, quality, cost, weight)
- Create, validate and verify equipment, subsystem and system levels requirements (ARP4754)
- Lead and participate in the creation and approval of engineering deliverables required from development to certification (e.g.: drawings, ICDs, test plan, test procedures/reports, technical requirement documents, manuals, Electrical load Analysis, Voltage Drop Analysis)
- Work closely with other systems/teams (e.g.: electrical power consumers, installation, maintainability, human factor, avionics) to define the inter-system interfaces.
- Support the definition and the integration of the Low Voltage Systems into the Test Facilities
- Manage the work pertaining to safety activities (ARP4761 tasks - FHA, PSSA, FTA, CMA, FMEA, SSA) of the LVPS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field
- 13+ years of experience in Low Voltage Power System or equivalent power system
- Experience with: 14 CFR Part 23 or 25 Certification programs
- Knowledge and experience in the electrical power generation and distribution system (ATA 24)
- Experience with the following tasks:
- Development assurance process (V&V and ARP-4754)
- Safety process (ARP4761)
- Equipment qualification (DO160)
- Good communication skills, team player, dependable, willing to proactively step in and help
- Knowledge of RTCA DO-311
- Experience with Requirements Management Tools such as DOORs, Jama or Polarion
At Archer we aim to attract, retain, and motivate talent that possess the skills and leadership necessary to grow our business. We drive a pay-for-performance culture and reward performance that supports the Company’s business strategy. For this position we are targeting a base pay between $164,000 - 205,000. Actual compensation offered will be determined by factors such as job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.