Archer is an aerospace company based in San Jose, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
As the Strategic Sourcing Manager, you will develop our core supply base from the ground up. You will lead the RFx process, engage with cross-functional leaders to drive supplier selection, negotiate the terms of engagement, and secure executive buy-in. Archer is a visionary company moving at an incredible pace, and our Strategic Sourcing Manager will be responsible for establishing a strong supply base foundation with competitive agreements and strong partnerships. This is an exciting opportunity to build out this critical structure for a company that is disrupting sustainability and transportation.
What you’ll do:
- Position: Strategic Sourcing Manager – Battery Cells & Electromagnetics
- Full time, based in Archer HQ.
- Source and develop the strategic Battery Cells & Electromagnetics supply base
- Manage the RFx process from RFI to contract execution.
- Increase the value of the supply base while decreasing the total cost of ownership for Archer.
- Manage business relationships to develop productive and collaborative partnerships, and act as the primary point of escalation.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of Strategic Sourcing policies, procedures, and processes.
- Work closely with cross-functional leaders to continuously improve policies and procedures, enhancing organizational value and efficiency.
- Travel: 20%
What You Need
- 5 to 10 years of related experience, ideally in aerospace, automotive, or EVTOL..
- Results-oriented and metrics-driven with experience in: sourcing, cost negotiation, contract negotiation, supplier collaboration, development, and compliance.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly evolving, and highly-regulated environment
- Ability to cut through ambiguity and detail limitations to make concrete and sound decisions
- Solid analytical and computer skills (excel/sheets, word/docs, powerpoint/slides)
- Strong executive communication and internal/external negotiation skills
- Strong team player
- Demonstrated flexibility
- Experience in energy storage systems
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Business, or Supply chain.
- APICS certification
At Archer we aim to attract, retain, and motivate talent that possess the skills and leadership necessary to grow our business. We drive a pay-for-performance culture and reward performance that supports the Company’s business strategy. For this position we are targeting a base pay between $128,000 - $160,000. Actual compensation offered will be determined by factors such as job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.