Archer is an aerospace company based in San Jose, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What you’ll do:
- Develop in-house tools based on development and verification team needs
- Administer and configure existing COTs tools utilized in sw development and verification
- Participate in the creation of training strategies, plans and procedures
- Support development of requirements and running of tests provided in 3rd party tool suppliers qualification packages and capture results.
- Work with a multi-disciplinary team to develop, verify, and validate complex hardware/software systems
- Assist with the development of homegrown traceability tool
- Ensure CI\CD framework infrastructure is performing appropriately and as efficiently as possible
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of our processes to increase safety and efficiency
- Collaborate with quality and certification teams
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal communication
- Excellent Organizational skills
- Passion for learning and problem solving
What you need:
- 5+ years of experience in a related field
- Ability to define and integrate multiple software utilities on platforms
- At least a BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related degree
- Familiar with full lifecycle safety critical software complying with safety standards like DO-178C or ISO 26262
- Experience supporting development/verification tooling and test environments, including hardware in the loop, software in the loop, and processor in the loop (with the corresponding Tool Qualification (DO-330)
- Experience building efficient automation continuous development frameworks from a wide range languages and tools
- Fluency with widely used scripting languages like Python
- Familiarity with debuggers and lab instruments
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Experience working with software tools enabling the software development of Flight Control, Motor Control, or Battery Management systems
- Experience with modeling tools/certification (DO-331)
- Experience with TeamCity, Atlassian Tool Suite, MathWorks, dSPACE and National Instruments products
At Archer we aim to attract, retain, and motivate talent that possess the skills and leadership necessary to grow our business. We drive a pay-for-performance culture and reward performance that supports the Company’s business strategy. For this position we are targeting a base pay between $148,000 - $185,000. Actual compensation offered will be determined by factors such as job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.