Who we are:
Archer is an aerospace company based in Palo Alto, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What you’ll do:
- Lead a team of electrical engineers with diverse background from power electronics to battery managements systems
- Support schedule development and ensure the electrical engineering team is fully resourced
- Help define and share streamlined hardware development and verification processes complying with DO-254 to support the certification of safety critical hardware.
- Drive the resolution of cross-functional issues including those related to architecture (performance, power consumption, thermal behavior), development (schematic design, PCB layout and overall system integration), and production (quality, failure analysis, manufacturing, cost).
- Lead the team in development of aerospace grade electronics
- Hire, organize and empower the team with start-to-finish ownership of hardware – from requirements to design, development, verification, and manufacturing
- Collaborate with our multi-disciplinary engineering team
What you need:
- BS or MS Degree in Electrical Engineering/Embedded/Computer Hardware Engineering
- 10+ years experience developing high voltage electronic hardware for battery management systems
- Strong EE fundamentals in electronic circuit design/development with microcontroller-based embedded system
- Experience in using schematic capture (e.g. Altium Designer or Xpedition) and circuit simulation software
- Experience in PCB layout
- Experience with board layout and designing circuits for operation in EMI environments such as aerospace, automotive, military or similar
- Experience with high density and high reliability PCBA interconnection design
- Solid understanding of size, weight, power, processing and cost constraints needed by real-time, embedded avionics platforms
- Good knowledge of inter-module communications protocols
- Master of all types of lab instruments: oscilloscope, data acquisition systems, etc.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Experience developing and successfully certifying safety critical hardware to DO-254 DAL-A or B
- Hands on experience with DO-160G and DO-311A
- Ph.D. in electrical engineering
- Embedded firmware development experience
- Passion for aviation and eVTOLs
- Experience working with high voltage systems
- Experience with configuring and testing battery management circuits / systems
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.