Who we are:
Archer is an aerospace company based in Palo Alto, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What you’ll do:
- Build the PMO from scratch including hiring out a team and drafting new project management office policies and processes
- Initiate and set goals for program managers according to the strategic objectives of the organization
- Supervise all program and project managers involved to provide feedback and resolve complex problems
- Organize and coordinate deliverables to reach milestones across a complex, multidisciplinary team
- Develop and implement efficient strategies and tactics to push towards project completion and accountability
- Develop schedule for company-wide deliverables while integrating team schedules and identifying critical path
- Be a critical liaison between the cross-functional teams
- Collaborate across all business teams to build out process documentation, project management and tracking, and team development
- Provide reports on schedule delays, roadblocks, conflicts, and challenges
- Ensure all delivery, financial and technical commitments of the project are met
- Apply change, risk and resource management principles when needed
What you need:
- 10+ years of experience leading successful program/project management teams and complex technical projects
- Strong track record of strategy development, creative and critical thinking
- Aerospace experience
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to both technical and non-technical audiences at all levels of the organization
- Team player and creative thinker who can lead technical teams as well as outside vendors
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.