Who we are:
Archer is an aerospace company based in Palo Alto, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What you’ll do:
- Build and maintain the mass properties database, including support for aircraft variants
- Track aircraft mass, CG and inertia properties throughout the product development cycle
- Work with integrated project teams (IPTs) and suppliers to collect data and track mass margins, risks, and opportunities
- Create dashboards to effectively communicate status to management and the rest of the team in real-time
- Work closely with IPTs to identify opportunities for and to realize mass savings
- Work with the aircraft integration and quality team to audit production component masses
- Own system and aircraft level mass and inertia testing
What you need:
- 3+ years of experience with aircraft mass properties tracking
- BS / MS / PhD in Aerospace Engineering or a related field
- Familiar with aerospace weight engineering best practices
- Strong technical, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in groups and individually
- Experience in a fast-paced design environment
- Member of Society of Allied Weight Engineers
- Familiarity with aircraft and/or rotorcraft certification standards (14 CFR Part 23, 25, 27, 29)
- Familiarity with database design
- Familiarity with software development best practices and version control
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.