Who we are:
Archer is an aerospace company based in Palo Alto, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What you’ll do:
- Lead proactive storytelling for Archer
- Build overall strategy across PR space that will position Archer as a buzz-worthy brand with a credible future in the emerging eVTOL space
- Align PR strategies with business milestones and work in close partnership with internal stakeholders across digital marketing, events and engineering to ensure timelines, budgets, and deliverables meet the needs of the business
- Cultivate and manage relationships with relevant technology, aviation, business and lifestyle reporters, websites, reviewers, influencers, affiliates, and other media partners
- Ensure we are leading the conversations and generate awareness of the Archer brand through earned and editorial media within mainstream publications, technology and aviation media and broadcast media
- Create clear and concise narratives around Archer’s vision, products and people based on a deep understanding of Archer’s key messaging
- Identify and train internal spokespeople
- Communicate success stories and milestones through traditional and non-traditional means
- Develop success metrics around Archer’s PR program to track progress, awareness and SOV
What you need:
- 10+ years of experience in public relations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Public Relations or other relevant field preferred
- Proven ability to concept and execute world-class communications strategies for start-up brands
- Experience in PR for a publicly traded company preferred
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Established network of journalist and broadcast producer contacts
- Experience in crisis management communications
- Ability to work independently, prioritize, manage workload to strict deadlines and operate effectively under remote management
- Team player and creative thinker
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.