Who we are:
Archer is an aerospace company based in Palo Alto, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the definition of streamlined hardware development and verification processes supporting the certification of safety critical hardware and complying with DO-254
- Drive the evaluation and selection of the tools supporting the hardware development and verification processes, organize pilot programs and manage the deployment of the tools
- Collaborate with the certification and safety team to develop the Plan for Hardware Aspects of Certification (PHAC)
- Guide the conceptual and detailed design phases for in-house FPGA and CPLD projects, define hardware/software interfaces, conduct trade studies and document your analysis
- Take the hardware through Stages of Involvement (SOI) audits 1 to 4, and meet all DO-254 objectives
- Oversee the qualification of the tools to DO-330
- Oversee hardware developments outsourced to suppliers, conduct audits, and provide technical guidance to help suppliers deliver on cost and on schedule
- Establish Key Performance Indicators (KPI), continuously monitor and improve our processes to ensure compliance, and increase safety and efficiency
What you need:
- 10+ years of experience in a related field
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- Proficiency with RTL designs (Verilog, System Verilog or VHDL)
- Experience developing and successfully certifying safety critical hardware to DO-254 DAL-A or B
- Hands-on experience through the Full Hardware Development Life Cycle in the aviation industry
- Familiarity with diverse tools and technologies used for the configuration management, development, testing and analysis of DO-254 hardware
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Familiarity with fault tolerant time synchronization systems
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.