Who we are:
Archer is an aerospace company based in Palo Alto, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What you’ll do
- Wire harness routing and installation design using 3D CAD (Siemens NX)
- Follow industry best practices and guidance for the design and installation of the wire harnesses (AC 43.13-1B, AS50881, ASTM F2639).
- Use your knowledge of industry standard components to select the best parts to suit specific design applications and requirements.
- Position aircraft components, equipment and support structures to provide optimal wire routing with respect to safety, weight and installation easement
- Provide installation instructions and guidance for the assembly and integration of the harnesses and associated subcomponents into the Aircraft
- Create and apply inspection criteria for the manufactured and installed components in accordance with best practices
- Use strong configuration and change management skills to track the changes to the components throughout the lifetime of the aircraft
- Willingness to look for alternative solutions and come up with custom parts to resolve wire routing in tight areas and around moving components
What you’ll need
- 2-5 years of experience in engineering and design of aircraft wiring
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace Engineering or related field
- Experience using 3D CAD software and Electrical routing modules/workbenches : Siemens NX and Electrical Routing Package (Preferred), Catia V5 Electrical Workbench
- Experience using Wiring CAD software : Mentor Graphics Capital, HarnessXC and Logic
- Hands on experience in the processes involved in fabricating, installing, and inspecting harnesses
- Knowledge of EWIS concepts, certification and experience with FAA AC 25.1701
- Siemens NX Formboard and bridging with Mentor Graphics
- 3D printing and/or injection molding experience
- Best practices for lightning, HIRF and grounding on composite aircraft
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.