Who we are:
Archer is an aerospace company based in Palo Alto, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What you’ll do:
- Develop motor controller firmware architecture
- Develop motor control firmware for a permanent magnet electric motor including: sensorless and sensored control, position and velocity estimation, current control, fault detection
- Support dynamometer testing for performance requirements validation
- Support requirements based verification testing, analysis and documentation of firmware for
- DO-254 certification
- Develop a graphical user interface to send commands and display information from the controller
- Participate in code reviews
What you need:
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering with 5+ years or MS with 3+ years of experience in related fields
- Expert knowledge of permanent magnet machines motor control, preferably in the 50kW-200kW range
- Completed at least one full cycle from paper requirements to working motor control firmware
- Experience with Hardware Description Languages (VHDL, Verilog, System Verilog, etc.)
- Experience with python or other scripting languages
- Experience with version control technologies (git, svn, etc.)
- Understanding of electric motors and power electronics
- Hands-on experience with DO-254
- Hands-on experience in hardware design and testing
- Master of all types of lab instruments: oscilloscope, multimeters, power analyzers etc.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Experience with DO-178C
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.