Who we are:
Archer is an aerospace company based in Palo Alto, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What you’ll do:
- Design and develop high voltage, high power density motor controller for eVTOL applications
- Responsible for all aspects of power electronics designs required in an all-electric aircraft, from components to circuits, modules and system integration
- Passive component design and optimization in power electronics systems
- EMC testing and analysis for various power electronics systems
- Leads new designs from conception into production while working with a multidisciplinary team
- Start to finish ownership of hardware – from specification to design, prototype, reliability validation and manufacturing
- In charge of schematic, layout and PCB assembly design and review
- Design and carry out prototype verification tests for proof of concept
- Analyze test data and reports to determine if the design meets functional and performance specifications
- Troubleshoot and help root cause any issues that occur in the prototype line
What you need:
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering with 5+ years or MS with 3+ years of experience in related fields
- Sound knowledge and hands-on experience in traditional and modern power electronic technologies including (not limited to):
- Inverter technology for variable speed motor drive (MOSFET, rectifiers and gate driver PWM technologies)
- Passive power devices, e.g. inductors, capacitors, resistors and transformers
- Power electronics system architecture design and hardware integration
- Motor drive and power converters (AC-DC, DC-DC, DC-AC) control technologies
- Motor control and commutation methods for various types of three phase motors
- Experience with 50kW-200kW inverters at 500V-1000V
- Experience in using schematic capture and circuit simulation software (e.g. Altium Designer or Xpedition)
- PCB layout experience is strongly preferred
- Master of all types of lab instruments: oscilloscope, EMC analyzers etc.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Hands on experience with DO-160G testing and DO-254 development
- Ph. D. in power electronics
- Embedded firmware development experience
- Passion for aviation and eVTOLs
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.