Who we are:
Archer is an aerospace company based in Palo Alto, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the design and development of high voltage battery systems including plastic enclosures, bus bars, modules, composite structures, etc.
- Own the prototype development process; requirements, design, BOM, procurement, assembly, test, etc.
- Develop testing procedures and perform testing of new designs
- Develop verification testing strategies and see your designs through rigorous process intensive testing (DO-160G, DO-311A, etc.)
- Create and review technical drawings, plans, and specifications
- Support requirements development and documentation
- Develop supply chain and lead procurement for the designs you own
- Work with Systems Engineering to document requirements
- Mentor junior engineers and develop a positive team environment
- Collaborate with our multi-disciplinary engineering team
What you need:
- 5-15 years of engineering experience
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Proficient in CAD (Solidworks, NX, etc.)
- Familiarity with Mil-Spec fasteners
- Proficient in FEA using more than just SolidWorks (e.g. NASTRAN)
- Experience designing injection molded parts
- Experience designing metallic parts
- Experience with SLS
- Fluent in GD&T
- Experience with battery system design and development
- Experience with high voltage DC systems
- Hands-on experience in multiple technical fields especially those related to carbon composite and metallic structures
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly
- Positive can-do attitude
- Pilot and/or Aircraft experience
- Direct experience with high voltage systems in cars, aircraft, etc.
- Experience developing products from prototype to mass production
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.