Who we are:
Archer is an aerospace company based in Palo Alto, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the architecture and design of Archer certified fly-by-wire avionics
- Build, lead and mentor a multi-disciplinary team to design complex hardware/software systems
- Define roadmaps and schedules, organize and prioritize the work, track and communicate progress
- Contribute to the definition of the avionics system, subsystems and items requirements
- Propose and evaluate architecture concepts, perform trade-off analysis, and design the avionics system functional and physical architectures in accordance with ARP-4754A
- Work closely with avionics suppliers to select, procure, design and build components for the avionics suite
- Contribute to writing responses to FAA issue papers
What you need:
- 10+ years of experience in a related field
- 2+ year experience as a hiring manager
- Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- Hands on experience developing, building and testing complex real-time safety critical systems involving hardware and software.
- Mastery of computer architecture, embedded software, communication standards and protocols (RS-422/485, CAN, Ethernet, TCP/IP etc…)
- Good knowledge of ARP-4754A, DA-254 / DO-178C standards
- Deep understanding of Integrated Modular Avionics (IMA) concepts and standards (DO-297, ARINC-653)
- Exposure to Integrated Modular Avionics concepts and standards
- Familiarity with modeling tools (SysML/UML)
- Familiarity with Python or similar scripting languages to conduct analysis
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Experience with Agile/SCRUM methodologies
- Linux is your work environment
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.