Who we are:
Archer is an aerospace company based in Palo Alto, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What you’ll do:
- Build, maintain, and fly new and existing subscale aircraft
- Develop and execute test plans for ground, flight, and component level testing in conjunction with engineers from other teams
- Prepare and lead flight briefs and debriefs for subscale test campaigns
- Report and communicate test results
What you need:
- 2+ years of experience in flight testing or a related field
- Degree in Aero or Mechanical engineering
- Excellent fixed wing and rotary wing RC piloting skills
- Proficient with Solidworks
- Demonstrated ability to fabricate small unmanned aircraft
- Current FAA Part 107 license
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with subscale and fullscale eVTOL flight test
- Proficient with Matlab
- Experience with rapid manufacturing
- Pilot license
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.