Autonomy is one of the leading technological advances of this century that will come to impact our lives. The work you’ll do at Applied will meaningfully accelerate the efforts of the top autonomy teams in the world. At Applied, you will have a unique perspective on the development of cutting-edge technology while working with major players across the industry and the globe.
Applied Intuition provides software solutions to safely develop, test, and deploy autonomous vehicles at scale. The company’s suite of simulation, validation, and drive log management software enables development teams to create thousands of scenarios in minutes, run simulations at scale, and verify and validate algorithms for production deployment. Headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in Los Angeles, Detroit, Washington, D.C., Munich, Stockholm, Seoul, and Tokyo, Applied consists of software, robotics, and automotive experts with experiences from top global companies. Leading autonomy programs and 17 of the top 20 global OEMs use Applied’s solutions to bring autonomy to market faster.
About the Role
We are looking for a software engineer interested in designing optimal solutions for our build, test, and deployment infrastructure. Mechanical Simulation software engineers work across our suite of products, tackling a variety of full-stack, infrastructure, dynamics, and graphics challenges. Those challenges are best met with an effective and well-maintained CI/CD pipeline that includes software testing frameworks as well as cross-platform build tools. At Mechanical Simulation, we encourage engineers to take ownership over technical and product decisions, interact closely with users to collect feedback, and contribute to a thoughtful, dynamic team culture.
At Mechanical Simulation, you will:
- Design, modify, and develop software build processes
- Participate in the testing process by developing automation for product testing and validation
- Use your expertise to collaborate with team members to solve core autonomy problems and influence product development
- Develop detailed specifications for proposed solutions including end to end documentation
We're looking for someone who has:
- A Bachelor's degree in a related area and at least 2 years of experience, or 5 years of equivalent experience
- Familiarity with a variety of software engineering concepts as they relate to the compilation and packaging of software applications
- Experience with automation of CI/CD pipelines and/or testingExperience working with containerization, build system knowledge, source control management (such as Docker, MSBuild, GCC, Make, SVN, or GIT)
- Experience writing Python
Nice to have:
- Experience with Windows and Linux Development (Visual Studio and IntelliJ)
- Familiarity with Jenkins, VMWare Vsphere, Conan, and/or JFrog Artifactory
Don’t meet every single requirement? If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Applicants will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable federal and state law. Applicants should be aware that for external-facing roles that involve close contact with Company employees or other third parties on the Company's premises, accommodations that involve remaining unvaccinated against COVID-19 may not be deemed reasonable. The Company will engage in the interactive process on an individualized basis taking into account the particular position.
Applied Intuition is an equal opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor. Consequently, the parties agree that, as applicable, they will abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a) and that these laws are incorporated herein by reference. These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans
or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. These regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. The parties also agree that, as applicable, they will abide by the requirements of Executive Order 13496 (29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A), relating to the notice of employee rights under federal labor laws.