About Applied Intuition
Applied Intuition is a vehicle software supplier that accelerates the adoption of safe and intelligent machines worldwide. Founded in 2017, Applied Intuition provides a simulation and validation platform for various industries such as automotive, trucking, construction, and more. 17 of the top 20 global automakers rely on Applied Intuition’s solutions to shorten development cycles, deliver high-quality systems, and accelerate the production of modern vehicles with confidence. Applied Intuition is headquartered in Mountain View, CA, with offices in Ann Arbor, MI, Washington, DC, Munich, Stockholm, Seoul, and Tokyo. Learn more at https://applied.co.
About the role
As a Product Designer on Applied Intuition’s design team, it will be your role to understand and solve the deeply complex workflows of our users — software engineers who develop autonomous vehicles. These engineers rely on our tools every day to test and improve the safety of their vehicles, and we are in constant contact with them to ensure our UX solutions are making an impact. We ship new software versions every 5 weeks, which means our design process is built around speed. Designers at Applied Intuition are highly collaborative while also being individually responsible for business critical objectives.
At Applied Intuition, you will:
- Lead the end-to-end design process for multiple products (from concept through implementation)
- Work quickly to ship new features in 5 week release cycles
- Communicate directly with our users (through Slack, weekly office hours, and in-person meetings) to understand their pain points, autonomy development workflows, and feedback about our tools from their daily usage
- Collaborate closely with PM and Eng to create and validate UX solutions for highly technical and complex engineering challenges
- Author PRDs and usability test reports each release to inform the roadmap of the products you're responsible for
- Expand and evolve our "Dragonfruit" design system
We're looking for someone who has:
- 5+ years of relevant product design experience
- Shipped software in fast-paced, technical environments
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Nice to have:
- Experience in the autonomous vehicle industry
- Experience creating user research studies and strategy
The salary range for this position is $65,000 USD to $400,000 USD annually. This salary range is an estimate, and the actual salary may vary based on the Company's compensation practices.
Don’t meet every single requirement? If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Applicants will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable federal and state law. Applicants should be aware that for external-facing roles that involve close contact with Company employees or other third parties on the Company's premises, accommodations that involve remaining unvaccinated against COVID-19 may not be deemed reasonable. The Company will engage in the interactive process on an individualized basis taking into account the particular position.
Applied Intuition is an equal opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor. Consequently, the parties agree that, as applicable, they will abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a) and that these laws are incorporated herein by reference. These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. These regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. The parties also agree that, as applicable, they will abide by the requirements of Executive Order 13496 (29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A), relating to the notice of employee rights under federal labor laws.