Here at Appian, we’re passionate about technology. We love making it, and we love using it. Joining Appian Engineering will provide you with the opportunity to learn in an environment that values cross-functional collaboration and is committed to personal and professional growth. We want to revolutionise the way people work, and in doing so, we develop the Appian platform to be simple so our customers can thrive.
As a Quality Engineer, you’ll work directly with Software Engineers dedicated to a product feature area to ensure they are building bug-free code for the platform. You will use modern technologies and development methodologies to test and troubleshoot new features, build and improve manual and automated test artifacts, and participate in critical release activities for all platforms to help ensure the product is built correctly the first time, every time.
To be successful in this role, you need:
- An interest in writing and evaluating code (bonus points if you have experience with languages like Java and Python)
- The ability to balance multiple simultaneous efforts and deliver results
- To be an independent thinker with excellent verbal and written communication skills
Some of the tools and resources we will equip you with include:
- Attending new hire orientation along with our 2-day engineering bootcamp to ensure you are set up for success, as well as Appian Academy to receive intensive hands-on training with our product
- Access to over 1,000+ Udemy courses, along with dedicated learning time to focus on areas you specifically would like to focus on
- An agile-led work environment where you will be challenged and your ideas will be heard
- Regular “learning” and “indie” time each week to develop new skills and work on passion projects outside of the day-t0-day assignments
- B.S. degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math field, or otherwise demonstrated aptitude for technology. Other related technical disciplines considered with graduation year of 2023.
Before Appian was a company, it was an idea. Not about a product or a market, but about the culture needed to sustain innovation and value. Today, we help businesses build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform.
Appian was founded on the belief that talented and passionate people, given the power and autonomy to excel, will deliver amazing impact. We have worked thoughtfully to create an inclusive, agile and collaborative work environment where employees feel challenged, and all voices are heard. We value and encourage cross-departmental collaboration, and actively seek opportunities to better ourselves and others. Creating impact to us means that when we deliver results, we’re focused on lasting positive change.