Here at Appian, our core values of Respect, Work to Impact, Ambition, and Constructive Dissent & Resolution define who we are. In short, this means we constantly seek to understand the best for our customers, we go beyond completion in our work, we strive for excellence with intensity, and we embrace candid communication. These values guide our actions and shape our culture every day. When you join Appian, you'll be part of a passionate team that's dedicated to accomplishing hard things.
Appian is seeking an experienced Federal Capture Manager to work alongside our Federal Civilian Sales team, and Appian's strategic integrator partners, to drive higher PWin on a select portfolio of strategic opportunities. This position will be responsible for developing all aspects of Appian's capture as the primary POC with both small business partners as well as Appian’s portfolio of Federal Apex partners on these efforts. The Capture Manager will be heavily relied on to bring industry best practices to guide Appian resources through the deal cycles.
- 5+ years directly related experience.
- Experience closing deals over $10M in annual revenue in the Unrestricted Federal Civilian IT Technology and Services space.
- Analytical skills relating to business development and capture management.
- Communication skills to support working relationships, customer interaction, and to make formal presentations to senior decision makers.
- Experience in analyzing and selecting teaming partners and negotiating sound teaming agreements.
- Established relationships with Federal Civilian government customers in leadership/ thought leadership roles, small and large players in federal IT services contracting, and appropriate government organizations.
- Demonstrate knowledge of US government procurement practices.
- Thorough knowledge of the entirety of Business Development/ program Capture lifecycle and a Shipley-type approach.
- Identify a portfolio of potential programs to be considered by Public Sector Management as Strategic Capture Opportunities
- Develop, improve and progress the capture plan for a defined set of strategic opportunities. Identify the Capture team and stakeholders in coordination with Business Development, Solutions, Sales and, Consulting and Operations leadership
- Ensure timely development of final win themes, win strategies, value propositions, and differentiators
- Ensure price to win (PTW) analysis is conducted and the PTW target is established
- Work with all areas of the company required to resource and support the technical and management solutions
- Share overall responsibility with Account Executive for winning the opportunity
- Support the Proposal Manager and Solutions team, as required, including developing the first draft of the requirements driven outline, contributing to proposal reviews and development, and providing overall guidance to the team
- Assess and continually update competitor capabilities, performs analysis of competitor strengths, weakness, opportunities, and threats (SWOT), and conducts team gap analysis
- Work with Business developer to establish the team, including subcontractors and complete teaming arrangements (the Contracts department is responsible for preparing TAs and for maintaining official contact with subcontractors and prime contractors and executing all TAs)
- Establish meaningful teaming selection criteria and justification
- Negotiate team share and work lanes
- Prepares teaming/consultant justifications and works with Contracts
- Schedule and facilitate team status meetings (capture meetings)
- Develop expectations for moving forward to include anticipated activity schedule, key milestones, and anticipated challenges
- Identify potential capture risks, as well as, develops avoidance and alternate risk mitigation strategies
- Lead the development of team capture strategies, win themes, executive summaries and discriminators. Prepares teaming gap analysis
- Conduct post-RFP reviews for all business opportunity capture participants to document lessons learned and identifies necessary adjustments to capture technique, strategy, and actions
- Coordinate proposal and RFI resourcing with Solutions, Operations, etc.
Tools and Resource
- Training and Development: During onboarding, we focus on equipping new hires with the skills and knowledge for success through department-specific training. Continuous learning is a central focus at Appian, with dedicated mentorship and the First-Friend program being widely utilized resources for new hires.
- Growth Opportunities: Appian provides a diverse array of growth and development opportunities, including our leadership program tailored for new and aspiring managers, a comprehensive library of specialized department training through Appian University, skills based training, and tuition reimbursement for those aiming to advance their education. This commitment ensures that employees have access to a holistic range of development opportunities.
- Community: We’ll immerse you into our community rooted in respect starting on day one. Appian fosters inclusivity through our 8 employee-led affinity groups. These groups help employees build stronger internal and external networks by planning social, educational, and outreach activities to connect with Appianites and larger initiatives throughout the company.
Appian is a software company that automates business processes. The Appian AI-Powered Process Platform includes everything you need to design, automate, and optimize even the most complex processes, from start to finish. The world's most innovative organizations trust Appian to improve their workflows, unify data, and optimize operations—resulting in better growth and superior customer experiences. For more information, visit appian.com. [Nasdaq: APPN]
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination. Appian provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees in accordance with all applicable laws.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.