Here at Appian, our core values of Respect, Work to Impact, Ambition, and Constructive Dissent & Resolution define who we are. In short, this means we constantly seek to understand the best for our customers, we go beyond completion in our work, we strive for excellence with intensity, and we embrace candid communication. These values guide our actions and shape our culture every day. When you join Appian, you'll be part of a passionate team that's dedicated to accomplishing hard things.
As a Manager of Product Management on our automation team, you'll oversee a small, talented team of product managers and help create a vision for the next generation of automation features for our low-code development platform, including RPA, AI/ML, and more. You'll work with engineering teams, interact with key business stakeholders, and prioritize product investments to ensure your teams deliver high-value software with each and every iteration.
This role is based at Appian's HQ in McLean, VA. Employees hired for this position will have the opportunity to work in a flexible, hybrid environment. If you are not already located in the Washington, DC metro area, your willingness to relocate will be a contingency for this position.
To be successful in this role, you need to:
- Define the vision for major automation features and functionality by collaborating with customers and stakeholders.
- Understand the market and usage of Appian’s software compared to competitors
- Assist with quarterly and annual planning for multiple teams.
- Work as an individual contributor on a team and manage 2-4 other product managers
- Define how features will work through close collaboration with engineers in design sessions, mockups, UX review, and usability testing.
- Manage your team's backlog through planning, backlog grooming, working with developers and fellow product managers.
- Write feature specifications for stakeholders to review.
- Ensure successful feature adoption by writing and reviewing documentation, tracking usage, and prioritizing enhancements after release.
- Lead by example in contributing to the culture of learning and growth.
- 9+ years as Product Manager, and at least 3 years of experience as a manager
- Exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, and truly excited about building great product features and experiences!
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related Engineering field
Tools and Resource
- Training and Development: During onboarding, we focus on equipping new hires with the skills and knowledge for success through department-specific training. Continuous learning is a central focus at Appian, with dedicated mentorship and the First-Friend program being widely utilized resources for new hires.
- Growth Opportunities: Appian provides a diverse array of growth and development opportunities, including our leadership program tailored for new and aspiring managers, a comprehensive library of specialized department training through Appian University, skills based training, and tuition reimbursement for those aiming to advance their education. This commitment ensures that employees have access to a holistic range of development opportunities.
- Community: We’ll immerse you into our community rooted in respect starting on day one. Appian fosters inclusivity through our 8 employee-led affinity groups. These groups help employees build stronger internal and external networks by planning social, educational, and outreach activities to connect with Appianites and larger initiatives throughout the company.
Appian is a software company that automates business processes. The Appian AI-Powered Process Platform includes everything you need to design, automate, and optimize even the most complex processes, from start to finish. The world's most innovative organizations trust Appian to improve their workflows, unify data, and optimize operations—resulting in better growth and superior customer experiences. For more information, visit appian.com. [Nasdaq: APPN]
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination. Appian provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees in accordance with all applicable laws.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.