Here at Appian, we’re passionate about technology. We love making it, and we love using it. Joining Appian Engineering will provide you with the opportunity to learn in an environment that values cross-functional collaboration and is committed to personal and professional growth. We want to revolutionise the way people work, and in doing so, we develop the Appian platform to be simple so our customers can thrive.
As a Senior Agile Coach you will help build the next set impactful features of our core low-code application development platform and leverage your knowledge of industry proven frameworks and drive the appropriate Agile methodology (Scrum/Kanban/etc) focused on predictable, quality delivery and driving continuous improvement of the organisation.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Teach, mentor, and coach cross functional members (Developers, Product Managers, Quality Engineers) on the proper application of agile methodologies and on emerging Agile and Lean methods
- Facilitate Agile ceremonies and drive the squad toward data-driven experiments and changes
- Remove impediments, escalate as needed, and ensure the squad is setup for success in delivering its commitments
- Provide regular communication to stakeholders for awareness of progress and impediments
- Look for opportunities to improve efficiency and effectiveness of squad practices
- Develop new processes, drive Agile adoption, and facilitate continuous improvement of our Software Development lifecycle
- Partner with other Agilists to share knowledge and improve department-wide agile practices
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent years of experience in an Agile Software Development environment
- 4+ years experience building and delivering software applications and infrastructure
- Minimum 2 year experience coaching Agile teams
- Agile is your mantra and quality is your goal
- You are a master of cross team facilitation and dependency management
- You are passionate about removing blockers
- You have a basic knowledge of software systems and architecture and can empathize with developers
- You have a strong working knowledge of modern software tools such as JIRA, GitHub/GitLab
- You know how CI/CD work and have helped in their implementation
- You have a track record of using Agile and DevOps metrics to drive team improvements
Before Appian was a company, it was an idea. Not about a product or a market, but about the culture needed to sustain innovation and value. Today, we help businesses build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform.
Appian was founded on the belief that talented and passionate people, given the power and autonomy to excel, will deliver amazing impact. We have worked thoughtfully to create an inclusive, agile and collaborative work environment where employees feel challenged, and all voices are heard. We value and encourage cross-departmental collaboration, and actively seek opportunities to better ourselves and others. Creating impact to us means that when we deliver results, we’re focused on lasting positive change.