Coming on board to a team within the Appian Corporate department means you'll be doing work that directly impacts the overall business. We are a people-first organization, all committed to providing a first-class employee experience. Our top priority is ensuring our people and the business are equipped with the tools, resources, and processes needed to thrive. Join us, as we work collaboratively to grow Appian across the world.
We are looking to add someone to our team who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and support delivery of a variety of new or existing learning and development programs and strategic initiatives. These may include the development, support, or execution of our signature programs and other interpersonal effectiveness and professional development programs. The ideal candidate would bring any combination of the following: Training and facilitation experience, strong instructional design skills, adult learning principles, and innovative training ideas.
To be successful in this role, you need:
- The ability to partner with SMEs and Instructional designers to identify or develop training curricula, instructor manuals, learner guides, and other materials
- To create excitement for our learning offerings as you organize, publicize, and recruit audiences for participation in employee development programs
- To directly help learners be successful in practicing the skills both in the classroom and back on the job
- To lead the design and development of instructor-led, eLearning, and blended solutions with a keen focus on creating meaningful and interactive learning experiences
- The ability to use authoring tools, such as the Articulate360 suite of products, to create interactive e-learning courses
- To use your experience to curate courses and learning paths for our Learning Management System
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- The ability to achieve deadlines and manage multiple assignments simultaneously
- To make learning fun by facilitating formal and informal workshops and learning experiences for large and small groups
- To deliver engaging, actionable training
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required; Master’s degree in Communication, Education, Adult Education, Behavioral or Industrial Psychology, Organizational Development, or related field preferred
- 2-4 years of professional (leadership and soft skills) facilitation experience in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of adult learning theory and employee development methods including instructor-led and virtual classroom delivery
- Facilitator Certifications is a plus
- Curriculum development background is a plus
- Strong written and oral communication skills including presentation and facilitation skills
- Experience delivering soft skills training to various levels of employees
Before Appian was a company, it was an idea. Not about a product or a market, but about the culture needed to sustain innovation and value. Today, we help businesses build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform.
Appian was founded on the belief that talented and passionate people, given the power and autonomy to excel, will deliver amazing impact. We have worked thoughtfully to create an inclusive, agile and collaborative work environment where employees feel challenged, and all voices are heard. We value and encourage cross-departmental collaboration, and actively seek opportunities to better ourselves and others. Creating impact to us means that when we deliver results, we’re focused on lasting positive change.