Lead Application Engineers support our fast-changing company by leading a team and working to create, present, and implement Appian's technical solutions using our latest releases in an Agile development environment. Lead Application Engineers work with business users to learn and design Appian’s business processes and with ABA team members to apply the latest versions of our technology to real-world business problems to improve Appian’s business and software. Appian's growth trajectory ensures that new employees immediately become core members of our team, working closely with peers and senior managers. This position requires a dedication to excellence.
- Work with key Appian stakeholders to define business processes
- Lead visioning sessions with stakeholders and developers to translate business requirements into product features
- Gather functional and technical system requirements
- Design and implement Appian based solutions leveraging platform features
- Design and implement complex enterprise integrations with industry standard technologies
- Present technical and business aspects of proposed solutions to a C-level audience.
- Lead ABA team members either as product owner or scrum master on sprint related tasks
- Work with management to plan agile sprint scope and work with team to ensure successful delivery
- Improve the Appian product through development on new features and reporting defects and enhancements to the Appian software platform and documentation in a clear and timely manner
- Work with colleagues across Appian to receive the support needed to accomplish goals.
- Assist stakeholders in identifying other business process opportunities that could be targeted with Appian's software
- Perform HR related tasks for direct reports such as performance feedback, skills development, and performance reviews
- Serve as a “player/coach” to motivate and mentor his/her team
- 6+ years related experience in IT and/or 4+ years of specialized experience in software delivery or software development
- 1+ years of experience leading agile teams either as product owner, scrum master, team lead
- Experience with configuration, deployment, and testing of enterprise software applications
- Strong communication and presentation skills coupled with strong problem solving and design skills
Experience or working knowledge in each of the following technologies:
- Prior software consulting experience, ideally in BPM
- Project management skills (risk management, scope management, change control, etc.)
- Agile project management skills (sprint planning, retrospectives, and estimation)
- Ability to thrive in a unique culture where thinking outside of the box is required daily and creative input is necessary to solve business problems
- A minimum of a BSc degree in computer science, computer engineering, math, engineering, or relevant field is preferred
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.