Appian is seeking a HR Information Systems Lead to support implementation and optimization of Workday and other HR systems. In this role, you will ensure the successful implementation and continued enhancement and expansion of the Workday and other HR systems, maximizing system efficiencies in an effort to meet the strategic and operational needs of the business.
This role will be based out of our McLean, VA HQ.
- Collaboration with functional leads to maintain and develop systems
- Developing and maintain business processes and controls
- Provide technical support for areas such as data integration, configuring business processes, and security
- Collaborate with the IT team to promote upgrades/changes into production
- Administer user security - Create and update roles
- Develop Workday reporting and configure dashboards for various teams
- Conduct routine audits to maintain data integrity and correct issues
- Keep abreast of new features and identify, drive and implement new features keeping with Workday best practices, standards, and guidelines
- Proactively work with the team to continuously improve system configuration and reporting to advance the quality of information provided to stakeholders
- Maintain strictest confidentiality in all work aspects and ensures continuing data integrity
- Provide day-to-day user support across the various Workday modules including Core, Absence, Comp, Talent, Time, Payroll, Help, Prism, & Benefits
- Identifies areas to simplify, standardize, and improve the Workday setup
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years of hands-on Workday experience
- Experience supporting the following modules with expertise in one or more: Absence, Advanced Comp, Benefits, HCM, Time Tracking, Payroll, Performance, Succession Planning
- Ability to work with cross functional teams to drive projects, gather requirements, provide development estimates and meet expected delivery timelines
- Ability to approach and thoroughly analyze a problem through a logical, systematic, and sequential process
- Experience leading projects and engagements to completion
- Works well independently, and collaboratively in a team
- Demonstrated analytical skills and experience with complete lifecycle of enterprise projects
- Strong customer service skills and ability to effectively assist system users to resolve problems and questions
- Ability to communicate, present and interact effectively with all levels of management with effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Mastery of Workday's reporting and business process framework
- At least one Workday Implementer certification
- 1+ years of experience with Greenhouse (ATS)
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.