The Senior Data Engineer will report to the Director of Data Architecture in developing a long-term strategy and roadmap for building an Enterprise Data Warehouse. This Data Warehouse will house finance, sales, marketing and product data from which business intelligence and data analytics capabilities can be developed. The Senior Data Engineer will also assist in short-term tactical tasks aimed to meet immediate reporting and analysis needs from different business departments.
About the job
- Facilitate the discovery and requirement gathering sessions with different business stakeholders to understand the data needs for reporting and analytics.
- Create a document that captures the mapping of the requirements to the source system / application that store the golden record data asset.
- Translate the business logic into actionable artifacts like source to target mapping, data integration patterns.
- Provide data modeling and data architecture recommendations to ensure core data assets are managed and governed as per enterprise standards.
- Have a hands-on approach, whenever required, in developing data pipelines using tools such as Informatica Cloud, Python and SQL to ingest, transform and manipulate data for analysis and reporting purposes.
- Profile various disparate (internal/external) data sources and document findings
- Clearly articulate data acquisition, integration strategies along with inherent risks with each strategy.
- Be a Technical advisor and subject matter expert on the effective use of data modeling practices, data analytics, and optimal data architecture
- Convey a self-motivated, pragmatic and get-it-done attitude
- Build productive partnerships with various business divisions within Appian
- Recommend & present guidance through data analysis
- Requires relevant BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience working on projects and assignments in the areas of Data Management, Data Analytics or Business Intelligence.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working on ETL tools such as Informatica Cloud (preferred), SSIS or Python using both structured and unstructured data.
- Strong transactional and analytical data modeling knowledge including database administration and SQL query skills.
- Has experience working on Cloud based technologies; AWS preferred.
- Has hands-on experience working with one of the cloud Data Warehouse technologies such as Redshift, Snowflake or Databricks.
- Strong communications skills with the ability to create presentations across different levels in the organization.
Nice to have
- Knowledge of ERP and CRM based applications.
- Knowledge of building APIs using REST concepts.
- Knowledge of data visualization tools such as Tableau, MS Power BI or Looker.
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.