At Appian, we’re seeking to grow our culture of passion, energy, and innovation. Empowered by “the best idea wins,” we thrive on collaboration and a culture of dissent- encouraging all employees to challenge and elevate one another. We strive for diversity and inclusion through continued education and a commitment to equity.
Product Marketing Managers are the strategic core of Marketing, working like mini-CMOs to drive the broader marketing organization to achieve their business objectives.
We’re looking for a talented Senior Product Marketing Manager to help attract new software developers and engineers to adopt low-code as a skill set, specifically with the Appian Low-Code Automation Platform. The ideal candidate will have a great understanding of traditional software developers, the online communities that support them, and the challenges they face in today’s competitive market. You’ll work closely with a variety of stakeholders across Appian to grow the Appian Community and the number of Appian Certified Developers with value-based content and positioning.
- Collaborate on an innovative GTM strategy to attract new low-code developers
- Develop internal and external content and collateral
- Strategize, plan, and execute content catered to the developer community
- Work closely with other Product Marketing Managers to align and collaborate on cross-platform messaging and content
- Work collaboratively with Digital Marketing to drive campaigns, social, and SEO initiatives to achieve business objectives
- Align closely with Engineering and Product Management to become an expert in the Appian product and platform
- Engage closely with Community and Education teams to more deeply understand their needs and challenges
- Meet with Appian developers to understand their journey to becoming a low-code practitioner
- Represent Appian at industry and online events
- Stay current on the competitive landscape
- 5-7 years in Product Marketing (developer experience with Appian or other low-code software a plus) or 3-5 years experience as a developer with an intense desire to expand into marketing
- Strong understanding and experience of traditional software developers, the online communities that support them, and the challenges they face in today’s competitive market
- Software or application development background a major plus
- Successful experience collaborating with Product Management and Sales
- Ability to create content aligned to the needs of buyers with a focus on target personas
- Be an initiative driver, operating with professional maturity, accountability and minimal supervision
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including presentation and facilitation skills
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering or related
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.