Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance.
What Appian can offer you:
Top-Ranked Product: Appian is the only recognized global leader across multiple enterprise technology markets, including low-code application development, digital process automation (DPA), intelligent business process management systems (iBPMS), and dynamic case management (DCM). Appian is also a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Low-Code Applications for the second year in a row.
As a Software Engineer working on the Appian platform, your mission will be to ensure that Appian is always fast, scalable, and up to whatever tasks our customers configure it to do. You will be solving problems of scale and flexibility that most engineers never see, building a product capable of serving our customers in ways you never imagined. Your scope extends from the high-performance data layer to the cross-platform user interface. This position requires the mental agility to jump from the deep code-level view of Appian, to the designer’s view, to the end user’s view, and back again. Learn how to write software that runs software, and enhance our declarative programming language.
What you’ll do...
- Master the advanced technologies we use to revolutionize the way software is built.
- Utilize your knowledge of our software to design new features and implement improvements to existing features.
- Design features of increasing sophistication in small, tightly integrated, and highly-skilled teams.
- Develop new user-oriented features; engineer complex systems.
- Manage availability, latency, scalability, and efficiency of Appian by engineering reliability into software and systems.
- Respond to and resolve emergent problems; write software and build automation to prevent problem recurrence.
Who you are...
- B.S. in Computer Science or Computer Engineering preferred, other related technical disciplines considered
- Fluency in Java, and familiarity with git and Shell
- Previous software development internship(s) preferred
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.