Community-of-Interest (CoI) Leader -- McLean, VA
Want to lead Appian's efforts and business growth in new industries?
The global industry team at Appian seeks a talented ‘Community-of-Interest’ leader to support our diverse Broad Markets business. As a member of the Global Industry team, and reporting to the Communities-of-Interest Manager, you will successfully collaborate across Appian to enable client success with their digital transformation efforts, while driving continued growth in license revenue across both new and existing clients across all of our business in broad markets.
Your focus will include creating ‘Communities-of-Interest’ within our broad markets organization drawing on past sales success to align advocacy for industries that are not currently covered via industry verticalization. Scope of responsibilities include identifying high-impact target communities (e.g., Retail) and leading the creation of domain content (e.g., Pillars & Business Apps, Go-To-Markets, Event Strategies, Industry Demos, etc.) and management of aligned communities (e.g., knowledge sharing sessions, thought leadership, etc.) in support of our direct sales force and partner ecosystem.
Work scope includes advocating with management on what industries and areas to cover including creation of differentiating values to seek to align best opportunities for Appian in each segment we target. Being able to uniquely connect with the change agenda, opportunities, language, and structure of our target communities.
Core Activities for Target Communities:
- Manage community meetings, agendas, and domain engagement for target communities
- Curate Pillars and Business Applications (P&BA) for target communities
- Work with management to define priority targets, coverage, and triage of focus (qualify / disqualify)
- Advocate for and partner on creation of Industry Demos and Marketing Content
- Develop Annual strategic industry plans to inform targeting and campaigns
- Focal point for all things industry across verticals and broad markets
- Support New account targeting, Radiation strategy & tactics, and Partner enablement
- Partner with Marketing and sales to drive focused top-of-funnel efforts
- Entrepreneurial drive to grow and aligned with company objectives
- Evaluate, prioritize, and launch new industries and domains for Appian, strategically aligning with the market, our buyers, and Appian sales, fellow industry leaders, and the partner team
- Lead market research, strategic go-to-market efforts and targeted sales and marketing programs to increase sales success across communities
- Generate awareness to existing customers through marketing campaigns and strategic programs partnering with the marketing organization
- Create community-focused resources and content across the buyer journey and execute the delivery through integrated vertical campaigns
- Keep current on market buyers, influencers, trends, and challenges, to identify target areas of opportunity across communities and broad markets (including horizontal focus areas such as supply chain)
Required Skills and Desired Background:
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in sales, product, marketing and/or market strategy in B2B enterprise software industry with recognition of success-in-role
- Ideal candidate has an understanding of how Appian goes to market, our key value proposition, and how Appian has organized sales tactics
- Experience driving business growth is preferred
- Strong technical aptitude to bridge between client business leaders and Appian team members
- Demonstrated track record of creating written thought leadership materials
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of recent trends around digital transformation and the important role of technology trends and innovation
Location and Travel
- 20% travel is expected to engage with sales teams, partners, and industry events
- The successful candidate will be located in McLean, VA (with some flexibility re work location)
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.