As a Senior Software Engineer on our Kubernetes Cloud Native Group, you will be helping re-architect the platform on public, private & hybrid clouds to allow for frequent, predictable and high impact changes. You will ensure that our world-class infrastructure is always available, responsive, and capable of meeting the diverse needs of a dynamic and high-powered development team. And you’ll be transforming our architecture to a modern services architecture that makes it easy for feature teams to leverage microservices and containerization technologies.
About the role
- Leveraging cutting edge technologies like Kubernetes, Docker, Vagrant, Memcache, Zookeeper, Terraform and designing and building new infrastructure features
- Becoming a master of our product infrastructure
- Keeping automated infrastructure up-to-date as dependent technologies evolve and scale
- Automating every aspect of our development lifecycle and help us in our mission to achieve continuous delivery
- Passionate about DevOps, Release Engineering and trends including CI/CD
- Bachelors in Computer Science or Engineering
- Proficiency working in AWS or other cloud infrastructures like Azure or Google Cloud
- Experience designing and building software or software systems in an enterprise software or Saas/Paas environment
- Familiarity with monitoring and performance tools like Prometheus
- A strong knack for quickly learning complex technical concepts & Strong oral, written, and presentation skills
- Fluency in at least one programming language, such as Python, Golang, or Java
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.