Partner Sales Engineer (Partner Presales Engineer)
As a Partner Presales Engineer, you will actively be working to engage with partners in their efforts to sell Appian to various organizations. The key responsibilities here would be to work with partners in enabling them on Appian technology and value, evangelize on our new capabilities and engage in POCs with partners for successful selling. Using technical creativity Using technical creativity and business acumen, you will illustrate the value that Appian’s platform can provide. You must be able to engage and articulate product positioning to both business and technical users in competitive scenarios. You will also rapidly identify all technical issues of assigned accounts to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process.
About the Role:
- Collaborate with Partner Directors to evangelize the Appian Platform to our partner ecosystem
- Assist in the production of RFPs and other proposals to partners
- Propose technical and creative business solutions in support of sales activities
- Design and deliver high-quality technical Proof of Concepts for partners and prospective customers
- Present technical and business aspects of Appian to a C-Level audience
- Represent Appian’s product to prospects at field events such as conferences, summits, seminars, etc
- Assist with the radiation strategy within the partner ecosystem by building relationships
- Work with colleagues across the organization to receive the support needed to accomplish the technical goals
- Self starter with a keen interest in learning and sharing
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Information Systems, Engineering, Computer Science
- 5+ years as a successful Pre-Sales Engineer OR 5+ years in a Professional Services/Consulting role that is client facing and involves sales scenarios
- Must be fluent in English. Multi-linguistic skill is a plus.
- Able to thrive in a unique culture where thinking outside of the box is required daily and creative input is necessary to solve business problems
- Technical depth to respond to all functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- Proven success conveying customer requirements to Product Management teams
- Familiarity with Business Process Management, Case Management, or Low Code Development products is a plus
- Experience in production environments (application servers, web servers, databases)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, customer interaction, requirements analysis, presentations, and system design
- Willing to travel to partner and customer locations throughout the assigned regions
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.