At Appian, we’re not only about building awesome software, but also about growing our culture of passion, energy, and innovation; great people, great software! As a Product Manager, you’ll be working alongside other Product Managers on a small team of technical staff, interact with key business stakeholders, and own the prioritized product backlog to ensure your team delivers high-quality software with each and every iteration.
What is Appian? It’s an application platform that lets business people build powerful cloud and mobile apps with flexible, visual models instead of clunky custom code.
As an experienced Product Manager on our automation team, you'll help define the next generation of automation features for our low-code development platform, including RPA, AI/ML, and more. You'll work with a team of engineers, interact with key business stakeholders, and own and prioritize the product backlog to ensure your team delivers high-value software with each and every iteration.
What You'll Do:
- Prioritize what we should build and when by collaborating with customers and stakeholders on product vision and strategy
- Define how features will work through close collaboration with engineers in design sessions, mockups, UX review, and usability testing
- Manage your team's backlog through planning, backlog grooming, working with developers and fellow product managers
- Write feature specifications for stakeholders to review
- Ensure successful feature adoption by writing and reviewing documentation, tracking usage, and prioritizing enhancements after release
- 4+ years of experience managing enterprise or SaaS software products in an agile software development environment, ideally as a Product Owner for a Scrum team
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or related engineering field
- Exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, and truly excited about building great product features and experiences
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.