Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
We’re looking for an experienced and analytical Manager, EMEA Organic Social Media and PR.
On the social media side, this person will be responsible for devising and executing organic social media strategies, day-to-day management of multiple channels, writing and scheduling promotions of creative and editorial content across multiple platforms, monitoring of conversations, tracking, analysis, and reporting on KPIs.
On the PR side, this role will support the EMEA PR team and provide creation and editing of content such as press releases and contributed articles. Working closely with Appian’s PR, SEO, product marketing, and industry marketing teams, this role will build and execute measurable EMEA social media campaigns and support EMEA PR to help Appian expand its brand awareness through social and traditional media.
- Lead execution of organic social media promotion strategy in EMEA, including planning and launching new campaigns, audience research and day-to-day account management on major social platforms.
- Advise employees (including executives) on social media best practices, and train on social media management tools and workflows; serve as the first point of contact for all social media troubleshooting and account access.
- Work with SEO strategists to develop content plans and recommendations.
- Coordinate with marketing and sales teams on product/event campaigns and reporting.
- Build detailed reporting and analysis on organic social media performance and company-specific KPIs, and prepare regular presentations for employees and executives.
- Provide content creation and editing support to Appian’s EMEA PR team.
- Provide program coordination support to Appian’s EMEA PR team.
- Experience with hands-on management of business-focused social media accounts on Twitter, LinkedIn and other networks.
- Experience with traffic and social analytics tools including Google Analytics; ability to provide detailed analysis and actionable recommendations based on data.
- Experience with a variety of technologies in support of social media such as Adobe, Sprout, Hootsuite, and basic graphic design tools.
- Strong writing and editing skills are mandatory (an editorial background and interest in technology is helpful).
- Strong familiarity with SEO best practices and how social media and SEO work together.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and work across multiple teams and skill levels.
- BA/BS degree required.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.